Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prefer to trade.  Sale secondary option.

Enfield rifle No. 4 MK I*, matching, US PROPERTY marked.   Sling.  Very clean.

Prefer Face to Face in Dayton, Ohio area.

Prefer to trade for CZ82 w/ 2 (or more) magazines, holster, and other considerations.  Some other C&R pistols will be considered.

Nothing wrong with it.  I just don't shoot it and there's something else I want.  Time to pass this safe queen on to someone else who'll give it more Range Love than I do.

Note:will also be listing this on one other forum (for now).  "I'll take it" conflicts will be resolved by time-stamp.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Re: WTS / WTT: Enfield No. 4 MK I*

I apologize for my lack of knowledge of Lee Enfields.  Is this .303 British or 7.62 NATO?  I know some Enfields were made/converted to 7.62, but I don't know the model designation that indicates that.

That is a very nice looking rifle BTW!

·
Super Moderator
17,752 Posts

Gorgeous looking by the standards I'm used to!! Interested but too far away (Louisiana). :(

·
Registered
6,071 Posts

Is this .303 British or 7.62 NATO? I know some Enfields were made/converted to 7.62, but I don't know the model designation that indicates that.
No. 4 Mk I* ,303. (you can see by the slanted mag, the .308 is a square mag)
A 'lend lease' (thus the US Property marking) gun built by Savage/Stevens 1942 ca for England
BTW ;The 308 Ishapore 2A/2A1 were not conversions, but made for the 308 NATO round. Stocks and some minor componets were recycled Mk III but the action/barrels were of higher grade steel to handle the higher PSI 308

Very nice, how about a $ for the second choice of a sale and will ya ship or FTF only ?

·
Premium Member
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Burley said:
Very nice, how about a $ for the second choice of a sale and will ya ship or FTF only ?
Looking around at auctions it looks like most folks are asking in the $400 range for rifles in this condition.  I don't know if they're getting it but they're asking it.  ;)  I'd be willing to take less.  Make me an offer.

I really prefer FTF because, to be honest, I don't want the hassle of shipping.  That said, I would be willing to ship to buyer's FFL, buyer pays.

I'd also be willing to consider a trade by FFL though shipping & FFL fees make it less ideal.  I'm lazy, but flexible.  ;)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Refund Bump (you know that refund is burning a hole in your pocket and you NEED another Enfield!) ;)

·
Registered
7,662 Posts

Did you ever decide on a selling price? And did you decide if you'd be willing to sell via FFL/shipping to another state?

·
Premium Member
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

haertig said:
Did you ever decide on a selling price?  And did you decide if you'd be willing to sell via FFL/shipping to another state?
Let's start with $400 and haggle from there.

Yeah, I'll ship (though I'd prefer not too, being lazy and all) at buyer's expense to the buyer's FFL.

:)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Double post. feh. :p

·
Premium Member
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Trade pending.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
4,879 Posts

Under current trade pending with me, I'll take it.

Kirk,
PM replied to.

Peace,
David

I thought I should add this for the mods, etc.
[edit]There was no deliberate attempt to circumvent TP rules. The delay in my posting "I'll take it," was  the result of my being called away which prevented me from posting in a timely manner. Had someone posted, "I'll take it" before me, the gun would have been theirs as per TP rules.[/edit]

·
Registered
1,435 Posts

Thanks David! You saved me from buying another gun! LOL.

I hope you enjoy it!
Craig

·
Registered
333 Posts

Yes, I'm glad this found a home.  I can stop thinking about it now.

ETA: Last thing I need is yet another type of ammo to stock up on. Farewell, Old Smelly!

·
Registered
769 Posts

billjohnso20 said:
Under current trade pending with me, I'll take it.

Kirk,
PM replied to.

Peace,
David
Hmmmmmmmmmm this pending transaction COULD put the unreachable rifle within 100miles from me...... lol !

NOTE TO SELF:
self? wait until David appears to be weak and financially vulnerable....

·
Registered
4,879 Posts

Toforo said:
[quote author=billjohnso20 link=1294881753/0#12 date=1297283285]Under current trade pending with me, I'll take it.

Kirk,
PM replied to.

Peace,
David
Hmmmmmmmmmm this pending transaction COULD put the unreachable rifle within 100miles from me...... lol !

NOTE TO SELF:
self? wait until David appears to be weak and financially vulnerable....

[/quote]
Toforo, I'm just getting into collecting. Hopefully, I'll never be in the place where I have to sell anything to raise funds for some pressing need. Since you are close and there are a number of KTOGers within the same 100 miles of me, maybe we need to organize a Eastern Kansas/Western Missouri Shoot and Meet? ;)

·
Registered
769 Posts

SURE!

I guess we need to take it out of this thread and get in touch with Burley and the Kansas folk, eh?

note to Self:
yes...... a gathering - perfect opportunity to see the 'precious' rifle - the preacher will never suspect a thing!
(j/k lol)

·
Registered
4,879 Posts

Toforo said:
SURE!

I guess we need to take it out of this thread and get in touch with Burley and the Kansas folk, eh?

[highlight]note to Self:
yes...... a gathering - perfect opportunity to see the 'precious' rifle - the preacher will never suspect a thing![/highlight]
(j/k lol)
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I was attacked by a laughing fit and nearly fell out of my chair when I read that!!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
6,071 Posts

abuck50 said:
Thanks David! You saved me from buying another gun! LOL.

I hope you enjoy it!
Craig
Ditto... was very tempting. Would have made a nice match to the 1968 Ishapore 2A1 .308

1 - 20 of 24 Posts