Sold: DeSantis Yaqui Slide - Fits most semi-auto

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by mlk18, Mar 30, 2009.

1. mlk18

mlk18 New Member

Aug 14, 2007
    I have a brand new DeSantis 023 Yaqui Slide. This holster fits most semi-autos by Glock, Sig, S&W, Beretta, etc.  I won this item at a gun store raffle and tossed it in the cabinet. I am a retention guy, and while this has screw adjustable retention, I prefer thumb-straps. (The picture is off a Galco Yaqui slide, but they are 99% identical). $25 shipped via discreet PayPal and it's yours. Just post here if you want it.  

mlk18

[​IMG]

2. Harbec55

Harbec55 New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Re: FS: DeSantis Yaqui Slide 023 - Fits most semi-

According to various websites they come in two basic sizes -
    Sizing Chart:
    Size 1 Fits Most Double Action Large Automatics
    Size 2 Fits Most Single Action Large Automatics

Any idea if it is a Size 1 or a Size 2 ?
    Also, it comes in tan or black - I presume this is in black?

The part number would tell the whole story .....

3. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX

I checked this out on the DeSantis site, but I can figure how it attaches to the belt. Can you clarify this? Thanks!

EDIT: I missed it, belt slide...Thanks anyways!

4. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
  5. Harbec55

Harbec55 New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    North Texas

You are correct. According to the DeSantis website the Yaqui Slide 023 is offered in tan and black, right hand and left hand, and single stack auto and double stack auto.

Based on the picture I presume that it is black, right hand and want to know if it is for a single stack or double stack auto.

I have a single stack auto (1911) so if it is a model 023BASAZ0 (Right Hand - Black - Yaqui Slide) or a model 023TASAZ0 (Right Hand - Tan - Yaqui Slide) I'll take it.

6. cromanos

cromanos New Member

Jul 22, 2008

I've never used one of these, but it appears that it would have a tendency to flop out rather than hold tight to the body - is that correct?

Also, would the very prominent front sight catch on a Beretta/Taurus 92 when drawing?

7. mlk18

mlk18 New Member

Aug 14, 2007

I am not at home to look at the holster, but this is what I know: It's black, for the right hand and for double stack autos. I believe the original package said what I put in my original post: "This holster fits most semi-autos by Glock, Sig, S&W, Beretta, etc."

However I am not sure about the double stack-single stack models difference, the slide width on most double stack autos is nearly identical (i.e. the 1911A1 versus the S&W 5906). Either way this holster holds a variety of guns. This one is unused, but I have owned Yaqui slides before and they held very tight to the body and did not flop around at all. I cannot advise about the Beretta, but I used my old Yaqui slide with a Browning Hi-Power MKIII and never had an issue. And that holster fit my Glock 17 as well.

Thanks.

8. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX

FWIW, the glock model will NOT hold a 1911 the thickness does not allow it to work. that is why the 2 models.

i have both, and they hold tight enough to the body. ask spence. he did not know I was carrying a glock 30 all weekend in one.

9. markwillecho

markwillecho New Member

May 4, 2005

I'll take it, as long as you'll take a check or money order rather than PayPal.  I'm in CT.  Also PMing you.   MARK

10. mlk18

mlk18 New Member

Aug 14, 2007

For reference, it is the DA model.

SPF, PM set. Thanks.