So far so good

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by liltoy, Apr 24, 2011.

1. liltoy

liltoy New Member

Apr 24, 2011
    OK guys... here is the current situation:

P3AT Black on black, case, book, trigger lock, pinky extender one magazine.

I have cleared about 100 rounds with only minor issues that are more than likely due to the gun being new.

I am curious how fast the blueing wears off using a holster that actually contacts the slide. With that being said I am interested in trading my blued slide for a chrome.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG.

I was just looking about a plating option, but I saw a posting where Jack was feely poorly.

the other option would be dura coat

if you would be interested in that

3. rebootit

rebootit New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    St. Petersburg FL
    On metal I prefer molyresin over duracoat. It is a more durable finish and has self lubricating properties. It is also a few $$ less than duracoat and shipping is free. Worked great on my S&W slides and I melted a LCP over this weekend and am going to coat it with the high gloss moly tomorrow. My KT is hard chrome so I haven't messed with the finish on it.

4. trekgod3

trekgod3 New Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Jupiter,FL
    Welcome and congrats on the new P-3AT

5. automated11

automated11 New Member

Apr 18, 2011

Where are you sending the slide for molyresin coating w/free shipping?

6. rebootit

rebootit New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    St. Petersburg FL
    I do the coating myself. What I meant is the price of the MolyResin which is $28.00 includes shipping. No shipping fees. Duracoat sellers charge shipping which adds to the price. Molyresin is here
    http://www.molyresin.com/molyresin_specs.asp

John is a great guy to deal with and the product is one of the easiest to apply I have used. I have worked with a lot of different coatings and for metal his stuff works the best. I have never used his air dry formula mainly because I have a lot of Duracoat colors here and will use them up first. Duracoat works good too but it goes on thicker and kind of has a plastic feel to it on metal.

7. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome aboard! Best of luck with your new P3AT.

8. liltoy

liltoy New Member

Apr 24, 2011
    THanks for all the welcomes guy and the information on the coatings. I do not really care to do a self coating I just want the Hard Chrome version of the slide. I see that you can buy it from the KT parts page but I am a penny pincher and will be surfing the local gun shows.

9. nhjeffs

nhjeffs New Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Thanks for that link.  I haven't heard of that coating.  The P-3AT's blueing that I picked up used is pretty rough and this should take care of that.

Thanks again.