Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys... here is the current situation:

P3AT Black on black, case, book, trigger lock, pinky extender one magazine.

I have cleared about 100 rounds with only minor issues that are more than likely due to the gun being new.

I am curious how fast the blueing wears off using a holster that actually contacts the slide. With that being said I am interested in trading my blued slide for a chrome.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
welcome to KTOG.

I was just looking about a plating option, but I saw a posting where Jack was feely poorly.

the other option would be dura coat

if you would be interested in that

·
Registered
718 Posts
On metal I prefer molyresin over duracoat. It is a more durable finish and has self lubricating properties. It is also a few $$ less than duracoat and shipping is free. Worked great on my S&W slides and I melted a LCP over this weekend and am going to coat it with the high gloss moly tomorrow. My KT is hard chrome so I haven't messed with the finish on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
rebootit said:
On metal I prefer molyresin over duracoat. It is a more durable finish and has self lubricating properties. It is also a few $$ less than duracoat and shipping is free. Worked great on my S&W slides and I melted a LCP over this weekend and am going to coat it with the high gloss moly tomorrow. My KT is hard chrome so I haven't messed with the finish on it.

Where are you sending the slide for molyresin coating w/free shipping?

·
Registered
718 Posts
I do the coating myself. What I meant is the price of the MolyResin which is $28.00 includes shipping. No shipping fees. Duracoat sellers charge shipping which adds to the price. Molyresin is here
http://www.molyresin.com/molyresin_specs.asp

John is a great guy to deal with and the product is one of the easiest to apply I have used. I have worked with a lot of different coatings and for metal his stuff works the best. I have never used his air dry formula mainly because I have a lot of Duracoat colors here and will use them up first. Duracoat works good too but it goes on thicker and kind of has a plastic feel to it on metal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THanks for all the welcomes guy and the information on the coatings. I do not really care to do a self coating I just want the Hard Chrome version of the slide. I see that you can buy it from the KT parts page but I am a penny pincher and will be surfing the local gun shows.

·
Registered
7 Posts
rebootit said:
I do the coating myself. What I meant is the price of the MolyResin which is $28.00 includes shipping. No shipping fees. Duracoat sellers charge shipping which adds to the price. Molyresin is here
http://www.molyresin.com/molyresin_specs.asp

John is a great guy to deal with and the product is one of the easiest to apply I have used. I have worked with a lot of different coatings and for metal his stuff works the best. I have never used his air dry formula mainly because I have a lot of Duracoat colors here and will use them up first. Duracoat works good too but it goes on thicker and kind of has a plastic feel to it on metal.
Thanks for that link.  I haven't heard of that coating.  The P-3AT's blueing that I picked up used is pretty rough and this should take care of that.

Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts