Snake Charmer!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by DaveNC, May 26, 2008.

1. DaveNC

DaveNC Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Found this lethal fellow while mowing my yard and used my .380 to dispose of it. He was not a happy camper. I really love that laser site. BTW for all you nature lovers this is a dead copperhead. I don't kill harmless snakes but I'm not going to step on one of these guys at night where I normally run around in my underwear. ;D

[​IMG]

2. batwell

batwell New Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Good job, except for black snake any good snake is a dead snake :)

3. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    This one has me confused, and I am not sure I want to know... :-/

DaveNC, is that a Nemesis, or a SuperFly? How is the fit with the laser?

4. DaveNC

DaveNC Member

Mar 7, 2008

DaveNC, is that a Nemesis, or a SuperFly? How is the fit with the laser?[/quote]

The holster is a De-Santis Nemesis. When I got the laser last week I had to have my wife modify the holster in order for the laser to fit. It didn't take her that long, but now it fits perfectly! BTW she had to do the modification by hand because her machine would not sew through the material.

5. quickmick7

quickmick7 New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    south florida
    great job.... 1shot/1kill..............

6. twyacht

twyacht New Member

May 19, 2008
    Nice shot! :eek:

Beats going and getting the garden shovel. :D

7. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005

DaveNC, is that a Nemesis, or a SuperFly? How is the fit with the laser?[/quote]

The holster is a De-Santis Nemesis. When I got the laser last week I had to have my wife modify the holster in order for the laser to fit. It didn't take her that long, but now it fits perfectly! BTW she had to do the modification by hand because her machine would not sew through the material.[/quote]

Thanks for the response, now I understand.

8. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007

DaveNC, [highlight]is that a Nemesis, or a SuperFly?[/highlight]  How is the fit with the laser?[/quote]

FYI... DeSantis NEMESIS FOR KEL-TEC P32/P3AT w/ARMALASER   http://www.armalaser.com/Kel_Tec_P32_P3AT-DeSantis_NEMESIS_FOR_KEL_TEC_P32_P3AT_w_ARMALASER.html

Take care..

9. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    A good friend of mine got bit by a copperhead last summer and his foot swelled up pretty big. Judging from the pic I'd say that one is about 14" long, right?

10. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    Are copperheads as tasty as rattlers?

11. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Makes me wanna pick up a laser for my little friend

12. rbsanspree

rbsanspree New Member

Feb 27, 2007
    I really like that Crimson Trace Laser, fully adjustable and directly under the bore. Looks to be more compact than the armalaser also. What was the ballpark price for that little beauty?

13. roland45

roland45 New Member

May 16, 2008
    The last thing that went through the snakes mind ( just before the bullet)
    was,

"Damn, dont this guy know thats a "mouse " gun?"

Thats what I would think if I was the snake.

It does look like a pretty good size "pock" mark in the dirt, what load please?
    Roland

14. DaveNC

DaveNC Member

Mar 7, 2008

It was $165 including shipping. Best deal I could find on it and it was delivered to my house priority mail.

15. DaveNC

DaveNC Member

Mar 7, 2008
    I use the Federal Hydra shock. I'm gonna get me a couple of chickens in the near future to try the rounds out on. I'd like to see how the round expands in living tissue instead of dead meat. I suspect the blood and other liquids inside a live animal will have much different results then dead meat. I've got a couple of idea's on how to restrain the chickens to set two of them up in parallel so I can recover the spent round. I'll post the results unless it's not politically correct to do so. ;)

16. DaveNC

DaveNC Member

Mar 7, 2008
    He was more in the 18" range. He was on his way into the woods when I came up him on the lawn mower. I didn't want him to get away so I used my boots to **** him off a bit so he'd coil up. Then I yelled for the wife to get the .380. He was really ****ed and did a bit of striking before I ended his life long career as a snake.

I've lived in my house for 20 years now and have had 3 of them bad boys come a calling on my property. One of them my wife stepped on while she was getting the mail! She felt something roll under her foot as she walked passed the mail box and turned to see a copper head. It was a dam huge one and had been in a few battles. He was actually missing one eye. My wife knew as soon as she felt the snake roll under her foot what it was, so her next step was fast and long to avoid getting bit. She was a bit surprised when she turned to see a copperhead.

17. DaveNC

DaveNC Member

Mar 7, 2008

They might be, but I'd have to be pretty damn hungry to eat one. ;) There just isn't that much meat on them. I caught one at night one time and stuck him in a milk jug so I could tan his hide. He had just been run over by a car but was still pretty lively when I was sticking him in the milk jug. When I skinned him it was pretty evident that the meat was pretty sparse on him and wasn't worth eating unless you were starving.

When I was in the 82nd Airborne back in 75 we went to Eglin airforce base on bivouac to build a drop zone for the grunts to jump into and one of the guys had a run it with a huge diamond back. He had a bucket loader so the diamond back didn't put up much of a fight, but damn that snake had a LOT of meat on it. If I remember right we did cook up some of it. I ended up being the one who skinned it so I remember the amount of meat it had. She was a pregnant female and was about 7ft long. Like I said it was big *** viper. I had my first run in with a corral snake down there as well. I tried to catch him live but dam that was the toughest and the most wigglely little snake I've ever encountered. I ended up having to just letting him go to avoid getting bit. FYI, I've been catching snakes since I was 5 years old. Even kept a few pets over the years.

18. Enduro_Guy

Enduro_Guy New Member

May 9, 2008
    We have timber rattlers, copperheads and snakes in general out the wazzou here in my neck of the woods (Southern Indiana). There's even Cottonmouths in some of the river bottoms a few miles from my home. We have a creek on our 15 acre property that seems to be a haven for copperheads. I can't wait till I get a chance to pop a snake with my newly modified P-32 with the ArmaLaser. I suppose it might take a couple of shots but the laser gives me confidence that I can get it done in one shot, range depending.

19. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    :-?

and why wasn't it in your pocket it where it should have been?
    ;)

20. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Years ago when I was a kid (maybe 12 years old?) my Dad's older brother built a hunting cabin up in the woods. My Dad, Uncle, and I went up to do some target shooting one day. When this little story took place, I happened to be standing beside a drainage ditch my Uncle had dug along the property. All of a sudden I look up and my Dad is charging me like a line backer. He knocked me clean off my feet and I landed in a heap a few feet back. When I looked up my Dad had a shovel raised over his head! I though I he was going to kill me, but as I screamed he started pounding away at something in the ditch. Whew! After a few hard whacks he had beaten a sizeable copperhead to a bloody pulp. I didn't even recognize the leftovers as a snake.

My Dad has told me he has no recollection of this event, but (for obvious reasons) it is one of my most vivid memories from childhood.