Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Finally finished with all my mods on my KSG. Looking at the beginning of next week or the following weekend to test out the SMT Tactical V6 Muzzle Brake. Been very pleased with SMT but their brake is really cool. Hopefully this will solve the muzzle rise of my KSG so follow up shots will take less time. -Thrasher Tactical

Tool accessory
Revolver Metal
Gun Trigger Revolver Metal
Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Air gun

Attachments

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Nice!! :thumbup:
Don't forget to post those the KSG picture thread.
Please include a list of modifications, descriptions, and impressions..

Looking forward to your range report.

·
Registered
272 Posts
What is this muzzle rise that you're speaking of?

Even with slugs I never noticed any issues with muzzle rise while shooting my KSG, then again, I always triangulate and lean forward for a solid shooting stance. If anything, it was the act of racking the slide while trying to keep a good cheek weld that resulted in more of an interuption in target acquisition than that which could remotely be contributed to any muzzle rise.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It depends on the situation during tactical situation. You don't always have a solid stance or you maybe required to be on your stomach, it just all depends on the situation. If your just shooting at a target then you have a solid stance then you may not have muzzle rise. Hopefully that answered your question.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll be posting to the KSG picture thread with all mods. Also will be using my GoPro for pics and videos along with ammo report as well. I'm still running different ammo and will be testing some armor piercing and door entry ammo.

·
Registered
272 Posts
...Hopefully that answered your question.
I wasn't aware that I asked a question ;)

*edit: well I did ask a question, but I doubt that most KSG owners will ever find themselves in any type of real "tactical" situation, let alone require "armor piercing" or "door breaching" capabilities. Police departments will continue to use the long standards which have over time proved their capabilities and reliability; the standard pump shotgun. The KSG has yet to build a solid reputation even in the commercial field, and its lack of use by PD's clearly indicates this reality.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tested the SMT-Tactical V6 Muzzle Break yesterday both muzzle rise and recoil was drastically reduced to 90% ! If you don't like the look or think otherwise then this isn't for you. The KSG is a tactical shotgun and I'm not looking for looks, I'm looking for function. It does the job and does it extremely well too. Follow up shots where one after the other without any repositioning. Land lot Property Grass Tree Lawn
Tree Land lot Grass Pc game Games
Land lot Lawn Grass Tree Meadow
Grass Lawn Tree Land lot Screenshot
Grass Tree Tire Land lot Lawn
Games Biome Land lot Tree Grass

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
850sub sorry I don't for any gun related items... I'm still waiting on the GoPro gun mount to come in. We had to do backyard engineering to mount it to my KSG videos don't justify. But when the mount comes in we are doing another video shoot... One will be back on the gun and the second one to show side shot of recoil and muzzle rise... We are totally impressed with the results.

·
Registered
272 Posts
From the lack of report in your video it appears that you're shooting Aguila mini shells with 7½ shot? And judging from the shape of the shadow in the video that your KSG has something mounted to it to add weight to the muzzle end?

*Edit- Still not buying the 90% reduction in recoil without quantitative proof under controlled conditions. You could start by panning out, clearly showing us the KSG you're about to shoot, clearly showing us what shotgun ammunition you're about to use, then load it with the same ammuition in an uninterupted and unedited video taken from beside you, then shoot it, so we can witness the recoil and know what actual conditions existed at the time. Without this information we're just taking you at your word, and some of us just need more than that.

Regards,
Andy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.