Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using a sling with their KS7? And if so, single point or two point?

If single point, how ae your mounting it?

Also, if two point, which M-Lok points are you using, especially for the front? Carry handle or pump?

(I pick up my KS7 today.)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I added a sling mounting point to the KSG rail that I installed, putting it between a RDS and a Magpul MBUS. Attached a 2 point sling between it and the mounting point at the rear of the butt stock.

However, I removed the sling, after finding out that it interfered with racking the pump a time or two.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The only place I see to mount a traditional sling is on the rear buttstock, no sling mount on the front...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I added a sling stud to the front cap to allow use of a 2 pt. Sling. Also installed a modified Mcarbo Sherman tank brake which protects the front sling attachment and adds some needed weight to the muzzle. I also use a rear sling QD Mlock for the rear and made a kydex cheek cover.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Has any one attempted to mount a sling QD on the rear mloc slot on the stock? KelTec has the Magpul606 mount available on their site, just not sure if it would fit or not.
Picture below for reference vv

Gun Trigger Gun accessory Machine

Edit: After reviewing the above post before this, the picture was very hard to see, as i could barely see the mloc sling mount. So that answers my question to whether it fits or not, obviously it does. Who else has this sling option?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Went with Magpull QD (ish)...go one or two.
Niice, I definitely like this option. Is that strap from magpul as well or different brand? Link?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I saw that one too (bought their 3d printed handle insert)...my only worry about that was placement. One pin is in the shoulder and the other is really close to the face (maybe I have a big head) on the cheek stock weld...could run to the outside, but have the 7 shell carrier card from hitech blocking it.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I always run 2 point slings and use outer stock side. That way when you when you carry cross chest the stock is snug to your body. Or if you sling over your back it stays out of the way and doesnt flop.

The on issue I see with single point is how it odly dangles when you need two hands.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dangle can definitely be dangerous...gotta watch the middle! -_- And always remember to check your lane of fire. :D

Thats why I liked the QD with two magpuls...can run either. Single for quick acquisition while slung (if not running cross) or two for running conventional.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has any one attempted to mount a sling QD on the rear mloc slot on the stock? KelTec has the Magpul606 mount available on their site, just not sure if it would fit or not.
Picture below for reference vv

View attachment 47752

Edit: After reviewing the above post before this, the picture was very hard to see, as i could barely see the mloc sling mount. So that answers my question to whether it fits or not, obviously it does. Who else has this sling option?
I DID BUT YOUR GOING TO WANT TO BUY SOME NEW LONGER SCREWS. THAT PART IS THICK AND A STANDERD MLOK WILL NOT FIT PROPERLY.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts