Sling Solution For KS7

Discussion in 'KS7 Bullpup Shotgun' started by 1srelluc, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Whiskey157

Whiskey157 Member

Jul 27, 2020
    There is a take-down pin made by KNS Precision called the KSG push button take down pin & QD sling swivel adapter. No screws. Push the button to remove the QD adapter, then push the button again to pull out the pin. I can't add a link because I am still a newbie, but "knsprecisioninc.com" will get you to the web site. Search on their site for "KSG"

2. ChicagoKel-Tec

ChicagoKel-Tec Member

Jul 30, 2020
    Chicago
    Great find. Putting it on my list. Thanks.

3. ChicagoKel-Tec

ChicagoKel-Tec Member

Jul 30, 2020
    Chicago
  4. silverback

silverback Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
    I have been meaning to do this for a while. Finally drilled the tube cap to fit a qd cup. Its held in by square nut. Easy to install looks good. Yes it swivels. 20200813_123332.jpg 20200813_123200.jpg

BJK likes this.
  5. BJK

BJK Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2017
    central Maine
    I used your QD mag cap idea today and installed one very similar, except mine isn't inset, it's on the surface. I didn't like the potential for my sling loop pictured as in yours to interfere with the projectile and that was a very real possibility with my installation, the sling loop would lose. So into the parts box, and I found V shaped QD loops for HK hooks. Problem solved. They aren't wide enough to ever interfere with the ejecta. But to gild the lily a bit I ordered a minimal barrel extension from HiTech, I forget what they call it (KS7 Steel Defender Muzzle Brake). While at it I also ordered their 90° light mount.

For the rear connection point I'll use my old standby field expedient para cord loop. I'll probably never need any of it.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  6. silverback

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
  7. terry_tr6

terry_tr6 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2015
    grant valkaria, Fla
    ha anyone just tried drilling the mag cap to the proper size and plugging in a push button sling swivel?

8. silverback

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
    Ugh thats what mine is!

9. terry_tr6

Jan 28, 2015
    grant valkaria, Fla
    I mean just using the swivel, no cup

10. silverback

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
    Oh sorry. It should be the same process. You will need to put a choke adapter. As you can see from the pics above without the adapter or some kine of extention
    The sling may be I'm the way of shot.

11. BJK

BJK Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2017
    central Maine
    Using this sort of QD swivel (below) I was almost, and that's the key word, certain that I wouldn't shoot mine off. I still have parts on order to lengthen the barrel anyway. I try not to trust to chance and luck.

If one has the right size drill, and it might require a number drill (I'll check), I don't see why inserting the QD swivel directly into the cap wouldn't work. It's certainly thin enough to go through and engage the ball bearings.

https://www.amazon.com/Braudel-Swivels,-Swivel-Adapter-Swivels-2pcs/dp/B07KF82QV9/ref=yo_ii_pd_dx_s_2/130-0269226-6330022?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07KF82QV9&pd_rd_r=5617aa00-69d5-4b29-b656-4dfff29596b4&pd_rd_w=EE9KA&pd_rd_wg=3VZ7e&psc=1&refRID=1KHEEQ6D9ST6763CKZCF

What I don't like about my installation is that when the gun is hands off it flips itself over. I need to redo the rear connection point and that should stop it. But the front connection is just brilliant. It belongs on the mag tube IMO.

Edit: I checked. 25/64ths is a bit sloppy to make me happy, but it might work. I'm thinking a number drill would have a better fit but I don't have a set. I like the idea of no QD socket at all. I checked further. Not a number drill but a letter drill. A "W" drill would be what I would try if I had one.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  12. silverback

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
    Very cool. I should have tried that first. Good idea. If it doesn't work then you can get the cup as you will have the hole already in place.

13. terry_tr6

Jan 28, 2015
    grant valkaria, Fla
    i think i'll just undersize it and gently ream it to size. I also have some guns with those kind of swivels already on them so i can measure off them.