Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dont want to unscrew the take down pin for a field strip either. Assuming I'm not drilling holes in anything, is the only option to run a sling through the slot on the butt? I don't think the mlok slots are strong enough for a sling.
There is a take-down pin made by KNS Precision called the KSG push button take down pin & QD sling swivel adapter. No screws. Push the button to remove the QD adapter, then push the button again to pull out the pin. I can't add a link because I am still a newbie, but "knsprecisioninc.com" will get you to the web site. Search on their site for "KSG"

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is a take-down pin made by KNS Precision called the KSG push button take down pin & QD sling swivel adapter. No screws. Push the button to remove the QD adapter, then push the button again to pull out the pin. I can't add a link because I am still a newbie, but "knsprecisioninc.com" will get you to the web site. Search on their site for "KSG"
Great find. Putting it on my list. Thanks.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have been meaning to do this for a while. Finally drilled the tube cap to fit a qd cup. Its held in by square nut. Easy to install looks good. Yes it swivels.
20200813_123332.jpg
20200813_123200.jpg

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have been meaning to do this for a while. Finally drilled the tube cap to fit a qd cup. Its held in by square nut. Easy to install looks good. Yes it swivels. View attachment 50978 View attachment 50980
I used your QD mag cap idea today and installed one very similar, except mine isn't inset, it's on the surface. I didn't like the potential for my sling loop pictured as in yours to interfere with the projectile and that was a very real possibility with my installation, the sling loop would lose. So into the parts box, and I found V shaped QD loops for HK hooks. Problem solved. They aren't wide enough to ever interfere with the ejecta. But to gild the lily a bit I ordered a minimal barrel extension from HiTech, I forget what they call it (KS7 Steel Defender Muzzle Brake). While at it I also ordered their 90° light mount.

For the rear connection point I'll use my old standby field expedient para cord loop. I'll probably never need any of it.

·
Registered
958 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
ha anyone just tried drilling the mag cap to the proper size and plugging in a push button sling swivel?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Oh sorry. It should be the same process. You will need to put a choke adapter. As you can see from the pics above without the adapter or some kine of extention
The sling may be I'm the way of shot.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Using this sort of QD swivel (below) I was almost, and that's the key word, certain that I wouldn't shoot mine off. I still have parts on order to lengthen the barrel anyway. I try not to trust to chance and luck.

If one has the right size drill, and it might require a number drill (I'll check), I don't see why inserting the QD swivel directly into the cap wouldn't work. It's certainly thin enough to go through and engage the ball bearings.

https://www.amazon.com/Braudel-Swivels,-Swivel-Adapter-Swivels-2pcs/dp/B07KF82QV9/ref=yo_ii_pd_dx_s_2/130-0269226-6330022?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07KF82QV9&pd_rd_r=5617aa00-69d5-4b29-b656-4dfff29596b4&pd_rd_w=EE9KA&pd_rd_wg=3VZ7e&psc=1&refRID=1KHEEQ6D9ST6763CKZCF

What I don't like about my installation is that when the gun is hands off it flips itself over. I need to redo the rear connection point and that should stop it. But the front connection is just brilliant. It belongs on the mag tube IMO.

Edit: I checked. 25/64ths is a bit sloppy to make me happy, but it might work. I'm thinking a number drill would have a better fit but I don't have a set. I like the idea of no QD socket at all. I checked further. Not a number drill but a letter drill. A "W" drill would be what I would try if I had one.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Very cool. I should have tried that first. Good idea. If it doesn't work then you can get the cup as you will have the hole already in place.

·
Registered
494 Posts
i think i'll just undersize it and gently ream it to size. I also have some guns with those kind of swivels already on them so i can measure off them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Whiskey157 - does that pin fit the KS7 the same as the KSG?
Thanks!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Not to confuse anyone, I'm using a 2 point sling.

I'm trying the MCarbo solution on mine now and I'm not crazy about the tendency for the KS7 to flip to it's side when I release it. I find lots of solutions that use paracord to be worthwhile but the problem I had with anything I thought up could be interference with the ejection port. But looping the cord through that slot and around the takedown pin solves that. I like that idea. I'm going to try it.

OK, that idea works and I removed the MCarbo QD pin solution. Having that stick out in the safe really wasn't a great idea if I ever acquired other firearms. But previously I tried the sling slot which is more or less the same position and didn't like it. Frankly I'm going to try that again with a shorter loop. I have no idea why I didn't like it the first time I tried it. Musta been a brain fart. But if I keep that solution I'll need to remove the sharp plastic edges.

I just tried the sling slot and it too works so I have no idea why I originally rejected it. Just make the paracord loop long enough to go through the slot and the HK hook gathers and holds together both ends of the loop. Simple.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I am glad I tried the KNS pin. Elegant and well executed design. No tools need for pin removal. I use the qd attachment on right side of weapons.
Keeps weapon flat to body when chinched.

Along with sling mod on mag cap makes great 2 point sling .

JMHO

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am glad I tried the KNS pin. Elegant and well executed design. No tools need for pin removal. I use the qd attachment on right side of weapons.
Keeps weapon flat to body when chinched.

Along with sling mod on mag cap makes great 2 point sling .

JMHO
Would you mind making a grocery list for those who might like to do the same? Any pictures? Thanks!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts