Sling Solution For KS7

Discussion in 'KS7 Bullpup Shotgun' started by 1srelluc, Mar 20, 2020.

1. 1srelluc

1srelluc Active Member

Likely nothing new under the sun but I figured out a way to put a more traditional sling on my KS7 because I don't care for single point slings.

I started off with two 10-32 threaded sling swivels/nuts....You know, the Uncle Mikes type.

[​IMG]

The front swivel location was pretty straight forward.....Simply drill a hole in the mag tube end cap and run the nut down almost to where there are no threads (most are like that), cut it off, true-up the edges and remove the nut, that will get the threads in order.....Install with a flat washer between the nut and the inside of the end cap, tighten and that's it. The collar will allow the swivel to turn 360 degrees.....You end-up with this.

[​IMG]

Now for the rear swivel I just used a piece of scrap steel and drilled holes for two M-Loc fasteners and then did the same swivel trick with the exception that the nut has to be cut down to fit in the slot so it can turn. I guess you could just drill a hole in the slot for the full sized nut but I just cut it down.

[​IMG]

As for a sling I guess you could use anything that suits you but a M1 Carbine sling works really well. I made the sling on my KS7 out of a length of German webbing I had. It's M1 Carbine length.

The main thing is to keep the fastening hardware down a little lower on the front than normal, that way it does not contact the plastic.

It works very well and since it rotates straight down it does not get in your way.

My KS7:

[​IMG]

RDB-Canuck, JokieDog and silverback like this.
  2. Papa_FoxTrot_Niner

Papa_FoxTrot_Niner Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Very nice. I'm always a fan of functional solutions!

3. 1srelluc

1srelluc Active Member

Thanks, I just figured that there was a better solution than a single point sling or the "why pay less" tacti-cool gizmos.

4. rangerhgm

rangerhgm Member

Mar 12, 2020
    Beavercreek, OH
    Nice solution.....I like it when a plan comes together.....

What kind of light is that? Is it easy to reach the switch,

I don't have a KS7 yet....still looking for them to be back in stock somewhere, but I was thinking about mounting a light, or light/laser combo, where you put yours.

5. 1srelluc

1srelluc Active Member

It's TRL-1 that was not doing anything. When gripping the slide my middle finger works the switch just fine.....Then again I have long fingers.

6. terry_tr6

terry_tr6 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2015
    grant valkaria, Fla
    any fix that involves "a piece of scrap" in the solution is OK in my book!

7. LARRYMH

LARRYMH Member

Mar 12, 2020
    I couldn't find the KS7 anywhere. I finally got tired of waiting and starting bidding on them on GunBroker. I won the first auction and got it cheaper than if I bought it from my local shops.

Matt Croasmun and Floyd Eye like this.
  8. silverback

silverback Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
    Excellent solution! Thanks for the info.
    I think I have some of those pieces lying around.

WolfWings likes this.
  9. Leviathan58651

Leviathan58651 Active Member Supporter

Apr 5, 2020
    Vista, CA
    I don't have a sling yet, but I went ahead and mounted the Magpul Mlok QD on the butt stock. I read that some members bought longer screws to reach the other side, but i just opened up the stock to screw it in on the inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

socrates likes this.
  10. silverback

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
    I am going with 1srellic's mag cap sling attachment and mcarbo qd pin for rear.

11. Leviathan58651

Apr 5, 2020
    Vista, CA
    Does that qd pin replace one of the field stip pins?

12. silverback

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
  13. Leviathan58651

Apr 5, 2020
    Vista, CA
    I thought about going with that option as well, but I didn't like the idea of having to unscrew that each time for a field strip.

ChicagoKel-Tec likes this.
  14. JokieDog

JokieDog Member

Apr 2, 2020
    My sling rear sling mount solution: F9DEB315-89A1-4132-92B3-004568888EE5.jpeg
    but I like 1srellic's solution better. I will need to rethink this paracord contraption.

15. ChicagoKel-Tec

ChicagoKel-Tec Member

Jul 30, 2020
    Chicago
    You've got some skills!

16. ChicagoKel-Tec

ChicagoKel-Tec Member

Jul 30, 2020
    Chicago
    I dont want to unscrew the take down pin for a field strip either. Assuming I'm not drilling holes in anything, is the only option to run a sling through the slot on the butt? I don't think the mlok slots are strong enough for a sling.

17. WolfWings

WolfWings Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2020
    Kansas City
    The slots are as strong as the entire buttstock panel, if that can't hold the weight of the firearm it sure as heck wouldn't be able to handle the recoil of shooting it.

BJK and ChicagoKel-Tec like this.
  18. BJK

BJK Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2017
    central Maine
    I use those slots frequently as a place to put paracord for the 2nd attachment point for a 2 point sling.

The easiest way I've ever found to do this is to form a loop with the paracord. Put part of it through the slot, bring it back around and put it back through the paracord loop. It forms what's called a girth hitch and is made (assuming a pre-made paracord loop) in seconds and comes off even faster. Why? Generally I don't store slung guns in the safe. They take up room.

If you don't think the slot is strong enough make the paracord loop larger and going through the same slot go over the entire buttstock, bring it back down and form the girth hitch. That way you're only using the slot to keep the loop in place and the firearm is being carried by a much stronger part of the gun. But in all the years I've done this I've never felt the need to do that and have never had a problem using the slot alone.

But the latter solution is in general only. I don't have a KS7 yet to make sure going over the butt won't interfere with anything.

19. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2019
    I have a BFG Vickers slung through the provided slots on the buttstock and end of the barrel. Works as intended and lays perfectly across my body. I like to keep it simple, less can go sideways that way. If you foresee taking the sling off with any regularity this is probably not the way you should do it though.

Obviously this is a KSG25, but I think the slots are the same.

[​IMG]

20. rs_worthington@ yahoo.com

[email protected] yahoo.com Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2020
    For my sling, I just used swivel QD mlok mounts for a two-point sling. Works for me, plenty sturdy enough. Very easy to attach or detach. Only takes a second. Simple. Don’t overthink it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    Floyd Eye likes this.