Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my sling attached to the rear slot on my KS7 carry handle, but I'm wondering if it might be better attached to the rear slot of the pump handle.

My concern is... the idea of getting the handle fouled with the sling, or preventing the handle from operating properly, especially on the forward movement if there was tension on the sling.
I'm going to experiment with it, but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or experience with problems of a handle mount sling.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've had my sling attached to the rear slot on my KS7 carry handle, but I'm wondering if it might be better attached to the rear slot of the pump handle.

My concern is... the idea of getting the handle fouled with the sling, or preventing the handle from operating properly, especially on the forward movement if there was tension on the sling.
I'm going to experiment with it, but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or experience with problems of a handle mount sling.
I went to center drill the mag tube cap and attached a qd cup.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Composite material Gun accessory

There is a fairly long thread on slings elsewhere and this is from that thread.

Anyway: this is how I have it for now. the Strike Ind. angled QD mount keeps the sling away from pump hand as much as possible. I have dry practice pumped it with sling on over shoulder and the only real negative I have so far is sling can pull pump aft (maybe a 1/2 inch) when the trigger or pump release lever pulled if there is tension on sling.

It doesn't interfere pushing pump forward.

But I am still looking at the idea of a sling on this light weight shotgun - it is not like a rifle where it can be used to stabilize your platform for long range shots. So I am settling on using sling mostly for carrying around at the ready while maybe using backup pistol or needing 2 hands. If I move it, the aft slot on the handle is most likely the best spot but that moves the sling further forward and possibly allow sling to overlap pump, especially when cycled aft.

But if you keep the sling semi-tight, it shouldn't droop too much. Some have just looped a basic sling through the MLOK slots on buttstock and handle. You could try that out farily cheapyl witha $5-$10 sling from anywhere.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info.
I have my current sling attached with M-Loc mounts and 360 degree rotating swivels.

Do you notice any problems with the sling pulling the forearm back when the chamber is empty and the action is unlocked?
One concern was the action being pulled open if the sling pulls on it.

I think I'll change the front mount to the rear slot in the forearm and see how I like it.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I did as Tnronin did (and pioneered) and haven't looked back.

I wanted a sling for 2 reasons. One being to free up my hands if need be. The second so that if someone should be able to lever the gun away from me, they don't have enough slack to turn it on me. Used crossbody of course and the shotgun tucked under my arm. A laser/light combo is used for aiming. Of course the gun can still be shouldered but that's not high on my list.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I switched the M-Lok to the rear slot on the pump handle, but the jury is still out on whether I like it.
I'll need a range trip to do that.

Meantime, I'll order another M-Loc mount so I can have one on the carry handle and one on the pump handle.

I'm a little hinky about mounting a sling right at the muzzle on the end of the magazine cap.
I found that with the KSG loop mounts the sling could get fouled around the gun, and could get in front of the muzzle.
I never blew it off, but I came close a couple of times.

For me a sling on an ultra-short home defense rifle or shotgun to be almost a necessity to allow moving around and have both hands free as needed.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I understand entirely dfaris'. I had the same concern so I extended the muzzle to make that possibility unlikely. But it's only a sling. By extending the muzzle the metal work will be intact and I sacrifice a cheap sling gotten from Amazon. It's not like I'm going to crawl through the puckerbrush at me age. Let me rephrase that, I WON"T crawl through the puckerbrush at my age. 😁

currently unavailable. But I never buy just one when they are available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts