Slide stuck!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by gcnd, May 18, 2010.

1. gcnd

gcnd New Member

May 18, 2010
    I went to clean my p3at after a range trip yesterday and the slide will not come off. It slid forward about 2 cm and then just seized. I'm pulling as hard as I can on it and it won't pull off. Any ideas? I'm at a loss.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    1) try twisting the barrel back and forth to be sure the lug is between the sides of the rail
    2) try to push down on the end of the recoil rod. some times its head will dig a groove in the frame.
    3) pull the slide back and let go, let the springs hammer it off.
    4) wack the slide with a block of wood wrapped in a towel

DO NOT PULL THE TRIGGER

3. gcnd

gcnd New Member

May 18, 2010
    I got it off. I hit the slide with a hammer a few times and it finally came off.

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    By The Way,

welcome to KTOG

5. gcnd

gcnd New Member

May 18, 2010
    Thanks. At the range I was getting a bunch of failure to extracts. Is this common or a sing of worn out ejector or something? I bought the gun used and am not sure how many rounds have been through it. My first trip to the range it was perfect. Second trip all kinds of FTE and then the slide was stuck today.

6. fez

fez Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    florida
    Make sure the screw that holds the extractor sping/plate on the right side of slide is tight.Put some blue locktite on but make sure the fp is lined up correctly. While it is apart clean and smooth out the fp and channel.KT should include this tip in their manual.It is the source of troublesome but easily remedied problem.