Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure we have most all encountered in taking out slide pin that sometimes the spring clip pops out and pushes the frame out. We have all read of many ways to solve this little "glitch" I have another one to add to the pot. I took my small "vise grip" sliding lock vise tool, found in all hdwe stores for aobut $5. The jaws have a rubber protectrive pad over the plastic flat jaw. I took the rubber pad off and took my trusty dremel with a drum sander and made a half inch round groove in the plastic pad. Now when I drop my pin out of the frame I slide the slide back about a half inch and drop a wood dowel in the slide opening to take pressure off the slide pin. Taking this little vise grip and it fitting perfectly around the slide pin on the frame and then claming it down, really gives it absolutely no chance of popping out or maring the grip either. This works perfect and is very fast and putting the rubber pad back on also doesn't hurt the efficiency of the grip either. ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just can't do photos, wish I could. Damn it works great though, just tried it on my 32 and it really doesn't ruin the clamp for other purposes either. Just remember to buy the small trigger type vise clamp...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Here are two photos of the quick grip by vise grip.  notice the rounded slot on one of the jaws.  that goes right around the grip/pin area and just tighten the clamp up and pop out the pin, guaranteed no pin spring slipping  out of place with this setup.  Also after done, just slip the rubber boot back on and the grip is again good to go for normal use.  Works great guys. Being the jaws are also plastic, no padding is required as it will not marr anything. Also a very good grip if you notice tha area starting to buldge in the pin area.  just heat with a heat gun or hair dryer and clamp and let sit.  Puts the grip again right there close to the frame as it should be.  thanks tuscom for the help here..

Edited to fix img tags.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.