In the sticky FAQ/VIP posting, the 5th reply titled "problems",
I just added a link to the most recent posting which included the range

JFB said:
The range was HZXXX to JBXXX

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I would venture to say NO:
If you have shot it 50 times and do not see a significant raised metal around hole (a little proud metal is OK),

If you have shot it more than 300 times and the spring has not came out, or

If you have installed the nylon washer ;)

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
goodbrewing said:
.I don't want to have to buy another P3 so I can send this 1 in for repair.
Do you really "need" a reason to buy another ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
bensin2 said:
My serial number is JRJ** its not in the list but it had the peening issue. Spring came out the front of the slide. Keltec has it now. If I was you I would buy some JFB washers to be on the safe side. 10 for $5. Here is the link.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1215490990

Brent

Thanks Brent for the link, I just need to up my posts to 25 to get there..;)
Steve

·
Registered
23 Posts
goodbrewing said:
How do you box the quotes?
Click the Quote button in the upper right of the post you want to have the box around... you can delete the other stuff in the box irrelevant to your reply like I just did. The Reply button at the bottom of the whole page just puts your reply.

·
Registered
30 Posts
goodbrewing said:
Mine is JBZXX and starting to peen. I sent my $5.00 out yesterday for the washers.I don't want to have to buy another P3 so I can send this 1 in for repair.

Don't get another P3, get a PF9 or a P11. It's going to happen sooner or later, so you might as well get it over with. This has happened to most of us. I buy clothes the same way. If I find something I really like after I get home, I just buy one of every color.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Has the spring come through the end or is it just starting to peen?
If it is just starting then the washers prevent it from getting worse. If the spring has poked through you may want to get a new slide. It only happens on the ones that were machined too deep making the shoulder thin. It shouldn't cost you anything other than shipping.
I do not know if anyone is still making the washers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.