Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to return my slide today,it had been showing signs of peening for awhile but I was hoping it would not get any worse.Well after shooting this past weekend I went to clean it and I could feel the spring hang up in the hole when I disassembled it,so off it goes.

BTW,I removed what I thought was the extractor and put the slide in my pocket to take to the post office.After mailing it off I found a piece in my pocket,when I looked it up I found out it was the extractor and the part I had removed was the extractor spring,but i guess most of you knew that did'nt you?
I also left in the firing pin assy I hope that's OK and I get back what I sent in.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
to bad about slide not holding up. did you consider a washer?

When you removed that allen head screw, proably after only backing it out a couple turns, didn't the firing pin shot out about 3 feet?

Or did you remove it with the slide still on the frame and put the screw back before removing

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I know the firing pin is still in the slide.If it did come out it is out in my garage somewhere,in which case it will never be found (garage is a mess).I did'nt know that the extractor screw held the firing pin in place too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I shot my P3 for the first time today and I have to say guys that I was shooting with were quite impressed. I am very confident with my guns ability to perform the way I want it to. HOWEVER upon cleaning it I noticed this so called peening, and it looks as though the hole is oblonged a little also.

G

·
Kurt-
Sorry to hear about your slide having to go back home. I would not worry to much about the misc. parts, from what I know... Kel-Tec should send you back a complete slide.

You may want to call Kel-Tec and tell them you may have lost the parts, asking them to make sure they send you back a complete slide assembly. They are very good to work with.

Concerning the washers....

If you or steely decide to give them a try... here is the link:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1175020076/0

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.