Slide not staying back

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by dsmith1279, Nov 25, 2008.

1. dsmith1279

dsmith1279 New Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Folks, new to KTOG but not new to Kel Tec's. I just got a Gen 2 P3AT but have a p32 as well. I am having a few issues with FTF's, but if it is like my p32 I just need to try different types of ammo to find the one the gun likes. That being said, I am having an issue with the slide not staying open after the last round is fired. Is this a typical issue with these?

2. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    yep, they don't , no hold open on P3AT

welcome on board

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    P3AT does NOT have a slide stop

Welcome to KTOG ;)

4. riverkeeper

riverkeeper New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Slide not staying back???

Welcome.

It's not an '' issue'', it's a surprise to some of us cuz that's the way they are.

Earlier this year or last year someone here showed how to mod the slde to stay back.

5. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
  6. Troubleshooter2

Troubleshooter2 New Member

Jan 13, 2006
    I saw someone cut a block of wood to fit up into the magwell long enough to hold the slide open.

7. mydixiwrecked00

mydixiwrecked00 New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    the slide not locking back isnt a huge concern to me... i always count my rounds as i shoot and sometimes when i misscount the click with no bang is a giveaway :D

that being said thou...if u want it to slide back for just inspection purposes i found the easiest way is rack it a few times and make sure its clear then take your weak hands thumb and forefinger and put it on the leading edge of the slide(barrel end) of the slide while holding it by the grip with your strong hand( fingers away from trigger) and push the two hangs togeather to rack. as soon as it goes all the way back use your thumb and forefinger on the weekhand to pinch the barrel thats now exposed and itll hold the slide with very lil effort. maybe im a genius.... or maybe all the rest of u shoulda told me this a long time ago but it seems to work great and u can actually hold it like this for a long while, even while inspecting or doing a lil housework without taking it apart.

WELCOME TO KTOG

8. sr9shooter

sr9shooter New Member

Nov 25, 2008
    I have found that a large school eraser (just the right size and non abrasive to the other metal parts) works to hold slide open when removing the pin. It is now in with the rest of my cleaning supplies.