Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
Has an issue here. Just got my P17 and was giving it a preliminary cleaning. And the slide is not lining up the way I think it should. Please see photos. Is this normal? Thanks for you help and any suggestions.
Air gun Trigger Gesture Gun barrel Gun accessory

Bumper Carbon Automotive exterior Composite material Cloud

Watch Camera accessory Wood Tints and shades Cable

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Thanks. I purchased the sheet of material from talon and did it myself. I made a template from thin cardboard then used an exacto blade to do detail trimming while it was in place. Then i heated with blow dryer for final instal.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Great tip, silverback. Looks like it would work on cameras too. I'll check it out. And LasVegas22, my P17 has a gap big enough to see light through, but fires and feeds fine. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have read where people have had this and it is due to the slide being slightly bent. It seems to not affect the operation and some people place the slide in a vice and gently pull a little at a time to straighten the slide to make it lay flat. Others just leave it as it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
LV22, Welcome to the forum.
Both of my P17's look just like your pictures above. One black, other Tan.
Both working perfectly.
My vote about vice remedy, Why mess with it and risk damage and voiding the warranty?

BE SAFE

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I have two and both look like that. I am not going to worry as it most likely adds to reliablity.

JMHO....I think if the slide fit down in the gun and closer to lower it would be problematic. Keeping the slide light and free from friction.

Who knows. It works, fun and cheap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts