Slide locked up solid

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by noeyes, Dec 2, 2008.

1. noeyes

noeyes New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Never had my gun apart, so I thought I'd take it down while cleaning it today.

Removed the pin and tried to move the slide forward. When I did the thing locked up solid. I can't budge it. Looked down in the pin hole and there's a silver piece of metal that's moved half way across the hole. The pin won't go all the way back in. Something obviously shifted that wasn't supposed to.

I guess I'll have to send it back to Kel-Tec cause like I said I can't budge the slide a mm either way. Don't know what else to do.

Any thoughts?

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    the head of the recoil rod can dig a groove intothe frame and lock the slide barrel from coming apart. If the barrel has tilted any down, try to work it back to the in battery position, you might also try tapping the end of the recoil rod, wiggling the barrel, then the next thing is to get a firm grip and a soft face mallet and beat it off.

If you pulled the trigger, that will lock the slide from going back on once it moves a little foward. You have to then remove the slide and reset the hammer by hand

3. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    I had the same for a while. After a few take downs and reassemblies I don't have the problem. Good Luck. :)

4. P-3aT_ShoTTer

P-3aT_ShoTTer New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    barrel is out of place and has bound agains the recoil spring guide rod. its a simple but time consuming fix as you pretty much just have to paly with it until everything pops free.