Slide Jammed

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by tall1smokey, Jan 29, 2008.

1. tall1smokey

tall1smokey New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    I have a new P-3AT and have fired about 50 rounds through it. I've cleaned it and oiled it. I have not fired it since cleaning it. What happens now is most of the time after I chamber a round, I go to pull the slide back and it won't slide. :( I try to rack in back and forth and all of a sudden it will go back. I called Kel-Tec and was told to put the front of the slide on a piece of wood and push hard. Well I did and it worked but I am still having that same problem. Is it something I can fix myself or do I need to send it back to Kel-Tec? I'd appreciate any advice.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG

does the slide jamming occur with out a round in the chamber or only with one chambered?

does the slide move back 1/8" then get hard?
    with out a round does the barrel snap at the 1/8 pull back as the barrel tilts down?

It might be the upper front of the barrel lug is dry/rough and resisiting unlocking or
    the breach face is rough and not letting the round slide down

Are you trying to rack the slide with a round in the chamber AND a full magazine?

Is the full magazine free to push down the top round below the lips or does it get spring bound