Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got my P-3AT the Parkerized finish on the slide was perfect. After shooting 100 flawless rounds I now see some brass colored scratching on the top behind the ejection port as seen in the picture. I tried to clean it off with some regular Hoppes cleaner, but it did not come off. I was thinking this could be from the shell getting hitting the top of the slide on the way out. Has anyone else seen this before, and should I worry about it? Is there another cleaner that would get it off, or should it go back to the mother ship do to a finish flaw?

·
Registered
754 Posts
You could try some bore cleaner for copper/brass. KT only warrants finishes for a few weeks, and I doubt if that would be covered anyway. Your other option would be to strip the finish off and re parkerize it yourself, you can get kits for around $20.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Copper Bore Solvent.

Never heard of any brass solvent.

Hoppies #9 should take it off if you leave it on there overnight.
It has a very mild copper solvent action.

rcmodel

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rcmodel said:
Hoppies #9 should take it off if you leave it on there overnight.
It has a very mild copper solvent action.
That is what I used, but I only tried to wipe it off. I did not let it soak. Maybe I will try that before I go trying to find another cleaner to keep around.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.