Slide corrosion

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by hosocat, Jan 22, 2009.

1. hosocat

hosocat New Member

Jan 22, 2009
    I'm new to KTOG, so I apologize if this question has been dealt with before. My P3AT has developed a very slight amount of surface corrosion on one side of the slide (blued version) from being carried in my pocket every day for about three years now. On my old P32 the same thing happened, and I sent it to KelTec and they put a new corrosion resistant coating on it (it wasn't chrome, but looked more like stainless steel). They charged a modest fee.

I wrote KelTec and asked if they still offered this service, but they have not replied. I'm kind of surprised they haven't replied, as in the past when I've had a question they always responded promptly, but nothing this time.

Does anyone know if KelTec still will resurface the slide if I mail it to them?

2. PF9Newbie

PF9Newbie New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Don't know if they still offer such a service, but from the many threads on th forum, your best bet is to call Kel-Tec and speak directly with them to find out. They are a great company for service, but do not respond well or very promptly to either emails or mail. The telephone gives you a direct and quick connection to someone there who can answer your question.

3. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    They were closed & all gone to the SHOT Show from Jan 15-18, and are probably all backed up now.

Best to call them.

rc