Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new slide from KT after I'd sent mine to them because it was peening from the recoil spring/rod. Actually, I'd gotten it back about a month ago, but I've been so busy that I didn't have time to take it to the range and see what kind magic got worked on it.

First off, my original slide was parkerized, but they sent me a blued one. I actually like the way it looks so I don't mind. I'm more about function over looks anyways. I was worried that the parked barrel would look out of place, but it really doesn't.

Anyways, I took it to the range and threw 100 rounds of S&B through it without any problems whatsoever. I'm happy and confident with carrying my little P3AT in my pocket everywhere I go.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
KT does an excellent job of blueing on all of their weapon designs. I love my chromed P3AT, but my PLR-16 has a great jet black look - even though it is blued. Still, I am surprized that they messed up and sent you the wrong coating. I guess that happens every now and then - I certainly do not get everything right 100% of the time either :-/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.