Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the slide (parked) for my second gun back last week (sent in for the preening issue).

Turn round time much better than slide 1 (28 calendar days).

Requested and received a replacement barrel due to faulty finish on the orginal... requested the replacement unit be plain rather than parked due to the cosmestics and the concern that JHPs won't expand out of parked barrels.

Can't afford to do a real test until I can get some cheap ammo at the next gun show, but I did go the local indoor range and ran 100 rounds of Remington UMC through it.

99% perfect, only one FTF halfway through, and that was on the last round in the magazine where the round jammed against the top of the chamber (what causes that?)

Unlike the slide on Gun 1, there is no preening yet (though I've only been through 100 rounds vs 500+ on the other gun).

Conclusion? I was very disappointed to have two guns go wouth within days after purchase, but I'm feeling alot better about KT now...

I still think the turnaround could be better, but other than that, their service has been first rate when it comes to replacing parts.

Right now, I'm very happy with the guns, looking forward to see how #2 holds up when I can get a couple hundred more rounds through it, but right now, things are lookin' good.

DP

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
FT Feed on the last round? The gun is lightest then and most susceptible to limpwristing so that is at least a possibility. You could chalk it up to break-in too, it's hard to tell. Polishing the feed ramp and chamber won't hurt, although lately folks have said the feed ramps look good from the factory. That's not a bad out of box performance. Some won't do 100 rounds that well without a cursory cleaning and lube along the way. Here's hoping the slide (guide rod pocket) holds up. 8)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did they send a replacement recoil rod (stainless finish) and springs with it ?

Does the new slide have machining marks on the inside left side (opposite extractor) ?
Mack

Deepmine said:
Got the slide (parked) for my second gun back last week (sent in for the preening issue).

SNIP

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fmack said:
Did they send a replacement recoil rod (stainless finish) and springs with it ?

Does the new slide have machining marks on the inside left side (opposite extractor) ?
Mack
Nope, they sent back the same rod and springs that I sent it in with... gotta check for thos marks.

DP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.