·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand New here. Brand New Sub 2000 Owner. 9MM
Saying Hi All.
Mounted a Bushnell TRS 25 Red Dot,
Bottom of Bushnell mount is Flat.
Sub 2000 1913 Rail is slightly sloped like a gable rooftop slanting/sloping left and right.
My TRS 25 rocks and will not lock solid and tips left to right.
Shouldn't the scope rail be flat on top?
How can I get this to not rock?

·
Super Moderator
17,775 Posts
Some fine sand paper and a wood block. You should only need a few passes so don't get crazy on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured I could flatten it to fit.
Just couldn't figure why it was sloped and not flat.
Lends to a rocking motion so aim point would exacerbate my crummy eye-site. :)
I'll go slow as you recommend.
Thanks for the input.

·
Super Moderator
17,775 Posts
I could go into the whole Weaver vs Picatinny mount explanation, but suffice it to say your TRS-25 likely has a Weaver style mount and the grips and bar are not deep enough to fully seat in the Picatinny rail/slots on the Sub. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well known issue that the top of the rail is not flat. Somewhere I read an explanation that is is intentional for strength purposes, blah, blah, blah. I happened to have (had) a mini-mill. I took mine off and milled the rearmost 5 or so flat. My TRS-25 on QD mount now sits flat and usually returns to zero. I do get some fore and aft movement, but I generally try to tighten the nut on the QD mount before mounting the assembly.

You can flatten the rail using a mill, file, belt sander, sandpaper on block, etc. Work slowly and ensure you keep everything square and truly flat. I would suggest only flattening the number of 'lugs' (only thing I could think to call them) required to mount your equipment. I *assume* what I had read before had some truth to it and the design was intentional (rather than sloppy).

Red dot on S2K is fun. Stock up on ammo!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I could go into the whole Weaver vs Picatinny mount explanation, but suffice it to say your TRS-25 likely has a Weaver style mount and the grips and bar are not deep enough to fully seat in the Picatinny rail/slots on the Sub. Welcome to the forum.
I had that on my Hi-Point995TS, but opposite. The 995 has the Weaver rail and my scope(s) have Picatinny mounts. Scope(s) wobbled until I did some machining/filing on the 995 rail.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I flattened a few with a file. It fit nice. Went to the range and took out my mags. Searched for my red dot in my range bag. Hmmm. Left it on my work bench at home.
Was disappointed at first.
Shot it with the factory sites and was surprised at my groupings.
Several groupings were all connected as a single shot out hole about a half inch.
Was glad I left the red dot home. Real happy with my Sub 2000.
Thanks guys for your input and help.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Same here, my top rail has a slight peak that allowed my red dot to wobble, a few passes with a file fixed that. Mine is std. picatinney rail, not Weaver. I have a Hi Point carbine that has a Weaver rail and the same mount that fits my Sub2k and all my ARs does not fit the Hi Point rail without filing, spacingof the gaps is narrower.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts