Site slow to navigate and not available today?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by goodbrewing, Jul 17, 2010.

1. goodbrewing

goodbrewing New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Is it just me or is it slow to get around here lately? I switched from IE to Firefox recently but was and still am having the same delays.
    Even worse was all afternoon today I couldn't get here at all. By the lack of new posts I think it was a site problem.
    I hope we aren't headed for a crash with all the recent problems.
    I'm sure whatever it is our great crew here will get it fixed soon. Thank you all for that.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    yes, the site has been real slow this afternoon, but should be back to normal slow now ;)

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Some server resources had to be temporarily redirected for a while.

4. goodbrewing

goodbrewing New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Good to hear it was something you were doing not the system acting up. Keep up the good work. I for one appreciate it.

5. Frozen snail pace for me today. Any one else?

6. mastercrasher

mastercrasher New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Bellevue
    >:(It took allmost 3 minutes to load this page. All sites I've gone to today is like molasses. Even had to re-boot once.

7. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    yep. most times the page won't even load

8. Hmmmmm- ---- fast as a rabbit now.

9. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    yea, I've been unable to get in all day. Didn't know if it was the new virsus software I loaded last night or my attempts to use "google docs" earlier this morning ;D ;D

10. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    I got a server error message. Maybe Ray was working on something...

11. Static

Static New Member

Sep 23, 2010
    All I have to say is that I hope you're using Linux if you've got a dedicated server... If you're not using apache, you're WRONG. (Personal opinion! Not fact!)

12. Tech Admin

Tech Admin New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    And if you added nginx to your Apache server to try to make it faster, you're WRONG (proven fact, not personal opinion).
    Omne would simply need to remove some of the 30 or so unused modules one is probably loading into
    Apache, and perhaps set noatime for an even bigger speed boost.

13. Static- We are all guest on this forum. Ray (admin) provides space on his server at no charge to us, and spends more than a little time and energy to keep KTOG up and running. A little respect would be appropriate.

14. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    $crew that, let ray ban his arse