Site issues ?????

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by bensin2, Jan 11, 2010.

1. bensin2

bensin2 Guest

For some reason my post count has been reset. I had over 100 post just the other day now it is down to 0. Any ideas ?

Thanks,
    Brent

2. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana

3. bensin2

bensin2 Guest

I can't access that link now. What problems did I have with my ad? Ignored suggestions from moderators? I don't recall any suggestions.

Thanks,
    Brent

4. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Active Member

Jun 10, 2006
    " DID YOUR THREAD DISAPPEAR?
    Then most likely, someone violated the TRADING POST RULES.

Your thread is still there. It has simply been "hidden". It may be "unhidden" when you have read and complied with the rules. Everyone who uses the Trading Post is obligated to FIRST READ, THEN FOLLOW THE TRADING POST RULES.

Originators of Trading Post threads, as primary beneficiary, are responsible for complying with all Trading Post rules, and to conduct business only with members that follow protocol.

Among other things, that includes posting in the thread when contacting the originator, and posting an immediate, "I'll take it" when they agree to do so.

As an advertiser in the Trading Post, if someone contacts you and does not post in the thread, do not respond, other than a PM saying, "You have violated the Trading Post rules. Nothing personal, but I cannot deal with you until you have done so. Please read the Trading Post rules and comply." You may be more specific about what they need to do, if you like. When they have done right, carry on.

Specifically, the penance for reposting a hidden thread without adhering to this policy will be reduction of your post count, back to to zero. When it reaches 25 again, assuming no other rules violations, PM me and I will reset your post count to the original level.

The rules in the TP are based on a combination of past experiences and what we see used on other forums. They are thorough and designed to keep things fair and above board for all participants, and to require minimal intervention by the staff. From now on, a first violation of the rules will result in a warning and instructions to read or re-read and follow the rules. The 2nd violation, will result in loss of privileges with the zero post count. Subsequent violations will result in termination and banning of your account. Think baseball... 3 strikes and you're out.

However, there is an extreme clause in effect. That means that if someone does something egregious enough, they can advance directly to strike 2 or 3. "Egregious enough" is a judgment call that ultimately falls on me. Best advice? Don't make yourself a test case.

Finally, we appreciate it when members bring problems to our attention and most are very supportive in that regard. We moderators can't be everywhere, all the time. It is helpful when folks point us to a thread that is going bad or someone who is out of line. We try hard to make and keep KTOG a fun, interesting and friendly place to hang out. We appreciate your efforts to do the same.

TxCajun "

5. 3wbdriver

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    You need to refamiliarize yourself with the TP rules here: http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1111130452

Then go back to your safe sale thread and see how many violations you had in there. You should still be able to access that specific thread from your profile.

Then take it up with TxCajun, because as a moderator all I can do is "suggest" in most of the forums. I have minimal admin rights outside of my particular forum.

You might also take a look in the Counter at a thread about closing the Trading post entirely.

6. bensin2

bensin2 Guest

I read through the rules. I didn't break any of the rules. I had these items listed on other sites. I came back here and placed SPF by each item that was pending sale. Even if I did break a rule where is my 3 strike chance? I guess I made the wrong person mad.

Thanks,
    Brent

7. 3wbdriver

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    The one guy out of 5 who posted an "I'll take it" in there was ignored. Re-read the rules. I'm driving again, so will be unable to answer any response to this until tonight.

8. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Active Member

Jun 10, 2006
    as NAS said in one of your TP threads your last 50 posts have been in the TP only. the TP is for active members(those that contribute to other parts of the forum) of KTOG to trade or sell their items, not for someone to come here and get 25 posts and then spend all of their time selling. why is that so hard for people to understand? if all you want to do is sell go to gunbroker.

9. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    well, as I am now in the most foul of moods....

you managed to single handedly turn over 1/2 of the moderator staff against you. You were warned, and pointed to the rules. The one person who did post I'll take it was ignored.

sorry. that is the way it is. get over it or move on.

10. No one got mad as far as I know. This was not a personal issue at all.

100% of your post since Feb 2009 (ALMOST A YEAR!) have been in the TP. And in those 50 or so post, several violations, and more than 3 warnings went unheeded.

I will not go point to point on what the violations were. You can, and probably should, do that yourself. If you can not comprehend and follow the rules, then you will likely never be able to maintain the required post count.

11. bensin2

bensin2 Guest

Ok. I guess I have to post everyday to be an active member. I can't just come here and read information from other members. Wow! I'm sorry for offering KTOG members a chance to deal with a honest seller and buyer. You guys have a good day.

Thanks,
    Brent

12. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach