Site improvements?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by learfxr, Dec 29, 2007.

1. learfxr

learfxr New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    What can be done to see the sites better? Little white paint? I like the stock sights on my Glock, I'm having a fun time seeing them on this gun. Takes longer between shots. Any tips?

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Oh,  there are sights on these pistols? :eek:

;D

some have used diffent colored paints to make them stand out.  There is also a guy selling stick on dots that glow in the dark [Click Here]

With the long trigger pull, I don't even try to get a sight picture....Just point and shoot.  

3. learfxr

learfxr New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    I tried quick point and shoot today. Doing 3 rds quick each time. Shot the paper guy in the crotch. Wasn't doing very well at the range today. With my glock white sites I can at least wait til I see 3 white spots and know I'm in the general area. I wanted to experiment with the 3 round quick shots cause I think if I had to draw to save my self I'd prob try at least 3 quick shots. Just a thought. I'm a newb, so trying to learn as I go.

4. Dan-O

Dan-O Active Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Kansas
    If the poop hits the fan and you have to use your p38t in a defensive situation, you will not have time to align your sights. If you are that worried about it you could try a laser.

Most defensive shootings happen within 7 feet. I can think of a lot worse places to shoot a perp than in the crotch.

That being said, I have put a bit of fluorescent paint on my "sights". It seems to work just fine at the range etc.

5. learfxr

learfxr New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Honestly it's more for shooting at the range. I'm sure if I had to pull it for use I'd be so nervous I'd prob shoot my own toe. :eek: Nah, I'm sure I'd be ok in a bad situation. I just think the lane I was in at the indoor range might have been a little dark for the P3AT. I was shooting 7yds today and was not doing too great. Was shooting to the right a lot. I want to improve my sights and see if I get back to normal. I was doing really well with it a couple weeks ago.

6. Dan-O

Dan-O Active Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Kansas
    I would go with the paint or the nightsiters that were mentioned in one of the posts above. Good luck.

7. jocko

jocko Guest

big difference in ur glock compared to this kt 380. remember not a target gun, this is a point and shoot gun and I would bet in no time at 7 yards and under point and point and shoot will be no problem hitting COM either. by the way a "crotch" shot will certainly stop bad guy, for damn sure if he even gets away he will produce no more little bad guys ;D ;D

8. lagerbrewer

lagerbrewer New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    That is exactly the problem I was having yesterday. I wonder if there's something that makes these off to the right? It happened with two different ammos.

9. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    You might consider investing in .380 Snap-Caps. Bring one to the range with you and do some "dry fire" drills using the snap-cap and paying particular attention to your sight picture. Does it change any during your trigger pull?

BTW, one snap-cap is all you need; just rack the slide an 1/8" or so and you're ready for another "dry fire".

Take care ...

10. Logan

Logan New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    It may have been something to do with the grip you had.

Those little stick on sights look pretty nice for the money. Might have to look into getting some of those.

11. dgreer

dgreer New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    I painted my sights with some of the wife's hobby paint. Flourescent green on the rear and flourescent orange in the front. My range has some dark lanes also. The paint allows me to pick up the sights quickly and at least get the muzzle pointed on target. My natural grip on the p3 aims to the side a couple of degrees...aggravating at best and dangerous at worst.

But, I have found that in rather dark conditions the green is difficult to pick up...I think white on the rear sights would have been a better choice.

Good luck and good shooting,

DG

12. Dan-O

Dan-O Active Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Kansas
    I don't have a pic of it on my p38t's, but I do have a few pics of it on my Bersa .380cc.  I also took a pic of the pen.  It is a couple of bucks at Wally World.  If you don't like it, at least you aren't out a bunch of money.  It comes off with a little elbow grease and some solvent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    That is exactly the problem I was having yesterday. I wonder if there's something that makes these off to the right? It happened with two different ammos.[/quote]

This may help. Note, it is an older article and references to P3 sites are 1st generation. You may find the diagnostic target useful:

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/accuracy.htm

14. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    A dot of site paint. Dry overnight. Good size dab of liquid bandage. Has survived over a year of daily use in and out of a tight holster...
    [​IMG]

15. MitchL

MitchL Member

Feb 23, 2017
    I have been playing around with seeall night sight on my glock 26, and sure strike laser ammo. I can use the laser to bore sight my glock and see what I do when I pull the trigger. I do tend to pull a bit to the right and up when I pull it.

I asked SeeAll to add a horizontal X at around 15 degrees off the horizontal axis off their Triangle sight picture for faster target acquisition in a panic, or non range situations. I hope they do it!!!! It is almost a perfect sight for a pistol!

16. Papa C

Papa C New Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Cocoa, Fla.
    I use liquid white out on my front site. Been there at least a year now. Works pretty good.

17. risabee

risabee Member

Jun 23, 2007
  18. specops65

specops65 New Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Used a fiber optic shotgun site and epoxied it to the slide then use it like a XS Big Dot. No buttons, no batteries. Works in all but pitch dark. Not perfect but it gives you a frame of reference at spittin' distance.

Attached Files: