Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about an easy and inexpensive way to attach a single point sling to the collar/rear receiver area, and thought perhaps a hose clamp like the one pictured below, clamped around the collar (first wrapped in electrical tape for friction and to prevent marring) and a small loop of paracord, just might work. The sling could just QD to the loop of paracord. I'm not sure how secure the clamp would stay, some loctite certainly wouldn't hurt.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Small nylon dog collar. Available in many colors. Heat and poke the hole where you need it. I have several HiPoints that are getting that treatment.
That would need to be a pretty small collar. How would you keep if from slipping? Any links? I'm having trouble visualizing, but am certainly interested in alternative ideas.

·
Registered
255 Posts
You will need to make your own hole in the collar for the buckle. It has a leash ring to attach the sling.

Probably need to attach with some Super Glue to keep it from sliding. Heading to work right now. I have a G2 so I can attach at the butt plate.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will need to make your own hole in the collar for the buckle. It has a leash ring to attach the sling.

Probably need to attach with some Super Glue to keep it from sliding. Heading to work right now. I have a G2 so I can attach at the butt plate.
I have a Gen2 as well, but find that the rifle hangs too low with a single point sling attached to the stock.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have a Gen2 as well, but find that the rifle hangs too low with a single point sling attached to the stock.

Perhaps some enterprising guy like Longshot will make a ring that goes in front of the buffer tube castle nut like the SPS mount on the AR's? I'll have to try mine on the factory mount later. I just recently entered the single point world on my AR. Went for a little "hike" 2 weeks ago. It was nice.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've used a bicycle seat tube clamp with success. I think it was the 30.2 mm size. The only thing I didn't like was that it felt unbalanced compared to my ARs. The weight of the bolt made it feel too heavy in the back and it didn't hang well.

Like this.http://www.amazon.com/31-8mm-34-9mm...&ie=UTF8&qid=1455712141&sr=1-12&keywords=30.2

I do remember that with the stock handguard it wouldn't fold all the way. I haven't tried it with the KT alu rail handguard on though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.