Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked this up on ebay for 8 bucks. Adheres well on both sides. Had to either trim it so it would not stick to the lower grip assy or mount it higher to clear the lower. If higher it would fold over the top and rub my cheek. It was not as smooth as the check pad. A little abrasive. So I trimmed about an inch and it works fine. Sticks well on the pad and has enough area to hold the ammo side securely. What you see on the lower is just the overhang of the ammo side. This shotgun is for the home so I'm not tearing it up out in the Elements.
Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Household hardware Automotive tire

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's better to have more ammo and not need it then to need more ammo and not have it. To paraphrase. LOL.

·
Registered
613 Posts
For a off duty cop or armed citizen to need a reload is not very common. Most gun fights are 2 to 3 shots.
BUT.... there are enough where a reload is a life saver, so it's a chance no smart person needs to take.
It's more difficult to carry a revolver reload, but a spare magazine for an auto is easy.
Too many people carry a CCW and no spare ammo, and that's a possibly fatal decision you don't need to make.

It's easy enough to leave the house with no gun when "Just running to the store for some milk" and leave the gun, much less a reload for it.
I've been told by a man who KNOWS that the worst feeling in the world is being in a "stop and rob" bad situation and realizing the gun you really, really, need is at home on the dresser.

In the case of a home defense shotgun needing more then 6 rounds is pretty unlikely, given most peoples living arrangements. Loading up the gun with accessories and spare ammo can slow the gun down and actually reduce effectiveness.
But, as above, if you feel that you need more ammo it's your decision.
Just be honest with yourself about what you're most likely to be facing.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No. There is enough clearance. Just gotta use the old carpenters rule: "Measure twice. Cut once" in lining it up. Of course put it on the opposite side of your weld.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just be honest with yourself about what you're most likely to be facing.
In todays world I'm not sure what I would be facing. "Most likely" still leaves the door open for something unlikely. This is the only add on I will be using. I'm not much for a lot of equipment that I don't have the time or money to train with. I do respect all your contributions on many subjects.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts