Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a silver CMR30 last Thursday. I was surprised it's aluminum not plastic. The grip is plastic. I Love it but I knew I would. Sadly my PMR30's assembly pin broke so no side by side fun for awhile.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Zero'd my Leaper's scope today at 25 yards. 1/4 inch groups. Actually less. I aim lower at 50 yards and lower again at 75 yards and am able to bulls eye many and very close on most.
Now that I have distance covered I await my Viridian X5L laser/strobe ( sight/light ) later this week. Happiness is zeroing your firearm. Boredom is never missing

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just installed the Viridian X5L. I will zero it tomorrow at 25, 50 & 75 feet. If that isnt cool I will zero at 15 feet. I will obviously check the scope at closer distance also.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The original sights are spot on but Leapers scope shows how accurate this carbine is. The Viridian laser/stobe/light allows rapid targeting. This scope adds weight and bulk to an tight and light carbine. I cant use the compact dry bag I used before adding the scope. I'm leaving it on for now.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to an outdoors range that allows you to bring stuff to shoot at. Liters of soda pop an a couple of 1 inch thick cabinet doors. At about 75 yards the CMR30 puntures inch thick hardwood and kicks up dust behind it. Super accurate on liters of soda pop with impressive fizzy jet streams. This firearm will kill at distance. Very windy today but bullet seemed to go where crosshairs rested.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Once on a pd hunt a friend couldn't believe I'd try shooting one at over 600 yards and commented he wasn't sure he could hit a coyote at 600 yards.
I reminded him thats why you practice on small targets so bigger ones look like a vw bug.
Of course he was amazed said pd didn't make it out of that round. He's easily impressed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.