Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in suppressing my p3at one day and was looking for opinions. Has anyone had any experience with that sort of thing, is it a realistic idea, would the gun cycle right with the extra weight on the barrel, is there enough metal to get a good thread job? Also I have in mind to use a regular 9mm silencer. I would appreciate any answers or opinions or advice very much.also would you need an extended barrel?

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
As far as I know no one has ever really tried but the subject comes up every now and then.

There are no aftermarket or threaded barrels so I really don't think it would be an option. I don't know to much about the subject so I'm not sure if it would work reliabily.

Why not just buy a larger gun that could be easily suppressed? Wouldn't adding that much length take away the best thing about a P3, it's small size and light weight?

CJ

·
Administrator
32,088 Posts
For a variety of reasons, I think the P3AT is a poor candidate for suppression.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
here is a past discussion

anon45 said:
as the subject says, does anyone make a silencer for a p3at? If I have to fire this in my house, I'd rather not have my kids myself and my wife go deaf. My hearing is bad enough as it is.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1298208495]This Thread[/link]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts