SILENCED P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jxn222, Feb 15, 2011.

1. jxn222

jxn222 New Member

Jul 26, 2009
    I'm interested in suppressing my p3at one day and was looking for opinions. Has anyone had any experience with that sort of thing, is it a realistic idea, would the gun cycle right with the extra weight on the barrel, is there enough metal to get a good thread job? Also I have in mind to use a regular 9mm silencer. I would appreciate any answers or opinions or advice very much.also would you need an extended barrel?

2. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    As far as I know no one has ever really tried but the subject comes up every now and then.

There are no aftermarket or threaded barrels so I really don't think it would be an option. I don't know to much about the subject so I'm not sure if it would work reliabily.

Why not just buy a larger gun that could be easily suppressed? Wouldn't adding that much length take away the best thing about a P3, it's small size and light weight?

CJ

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    For a variety of reasons, I think the P3AT is a poor candidate for suppression.

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    here is a past discussion

5. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1298208495]This Thread[/link]