Sign of Spring

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Goldtanker, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Goldtanker

Goldtanker New Member

Aug 30, 2008
    This big guy showed up this week without his antlers.  Shedding has begun?  BTW, the snow fence in the foreground is to keep the herd from trampling the snow on the septic drain field.   :)

[​IMG]

2. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Usually early spring is a great time to hike and look for shed antlers. They make nice decorations for the bar, mantel, etc. I have a unique antler on my bar that I found a couple of years ago while hiking. Squirrels and other small animals like to knaw on antlers so you need to be quick about finding them.

3. theduke

theduke Active Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Warminster Pa
    I have been hearing the cardinals chirping their springtime songs. Love seeing cardinals in the snow!

4. ModelMaker

ModelMaker Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Lows in the double digit below zero this week, highs in the upper 30's next week.
    Must have patince.
    Ed

5. Deuce3

Deuce3 New Member

May 6, 2008
    67 today here in the sunny south, supposed to be mid-70's by the weekend. Time to think about the garden.

What's snow?

6. Rubb

Rubb New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    That would be water..a.k.a. rain in a solid flake like form…it falls from the sky in colder climates….resembles dandruff.
    Ice, the truly solid form of water that everyone would be familiar with….that is currently the wall between me and my favorite fishin hole >:(

7. mdsu16

mdsu16 New Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Like so many other people here in the Mid-Atlantic, spring can't come soon enough.

It is nice to see the robins and cardinals out and about!

8. theduke

theduke Active Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Warminster Pa
    Ill know spring is here when the Juncos leave.