Sights

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by unloved, Jul 10, 2008.

1. unloved

unloved New Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Has anyone tried adapting the XS sights that come with the NAA Pug www.naaminis.com/pug.html to a P3AT?  I want to do it but I'm afraid that the the slide is too thin(to mill in a dovetail) in the area of the front sight. XS Sights does not list these on their website so I guess I'll have to contact NAA and see if they'll sell me a set. I'd hate to buy the sights and then find that I can't make them work, so any opinions would be appreciated.

2. downhill

downhill New Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Nope, the slide is too thin.  Here are two ways you could do it though.  Make a very low profile dovetail base with a flat bottom from steel and silver solder it to the slide (assuming you have a flat top P3AT).  The other way is to make a similar base from maybe aluminum, black anodize it and attach to the slide with small fine thread screws.  It's a job for a gunsmith or machinist.  The rear should be fine to machine the dovetail right into the slide, but you would neeed a base there too to keep the relationship right.

David

3. Forge

Forge New Member

Jul 15, 2008
    I didn't realize CTC made a laser for these! I'm still such a newbie!

4. downhill

downhill New Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Forge,
    Both CT and Armalaser make custom fitted lasers. They work slightly differently and mount slightly differently, so look them over before you buy. I bought the Armalaser, but CT has a very good reputation for quality as well. Armalaser is a sponsor here so you can find the link at the top of the page. One thing I have noticed although it is not an issue for me is that the Armalaser attaches to the trigger guard and slightly reduces the room left for your finger. If you have really big fingers, that might be an issue.

5. Forge

Forge New Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Thanks for the info Downhill!

6. The CTC also encroaches into the finger/trigger area, but it is not an issue for me and my big hands. See my review above to get an idea of how big hands work with the CTC laser.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1198777787/0/] Click her to review my CTC LG430 Review [/url]