Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took my .40 sub that takes Glock mags to the range today. Got a lot closer to being sighted but it is still shooting high. I thought I had an AR front sight tool in my range bag but I was wrong. Anyway, the gun ran perfectly and the MCABO trigger kit makes shooting a real joy

A couple of range Nazis got all wound up because I did not have the muzzle down range while adjusting the front sight. It didn't matter to them the gun was partially folded and could not be fired. I'll go thru the week when the place is generally deserted.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
A couple of range Nazis got all wound up because I did not have the muzzle down range while adjusting the front sight. It didn't matter to them the gun was partially folded and could not be fired. I'll go thru the week when the place is generally deserted.
:laugh2: Probably made their day! I bet they high-5'd Yellow Font Smile
each other all the way back to the trailer where Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 was playing:D.
I've shot at one range that you can't even put a gun back in the case when the range is cold.
Another one, won't allow any :quote:work:quote: on a gun at the firing line beyond turning scope turrets.

Glad the gun ran good. You've been thru enough, it should be all fun now:).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
The indoor range i go to has bullet holes all over the walls and overhead of the booths. Some people dont practice enough safety.

Still trying to get out to test my G2-S2K

·
Registered
861 Posts
A few years back I was working on a rig that was rotten with safety rules. They were so strict they literally were hobbling our ability to work effectively. About half way through the project one of the big wheels for the company came out to oversee some other projects. I knew the man well as I had worked on many projects under his supervision early in my career. I complained to him about the ludicrous safety rules. He smiled and told me there were about 175 people working on various projects on the rig at that time. Of those 175 he said 145 of them would burn the rig down if left to their own devices........Big facilities have to contend with the Dumb A$$ factor, that unfortunately is the situation we find ourselves in as aggravating as it is at times.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I had range day number two with my g19 sub2k. Finally got the red dot drilling bulls eye at 50 yrds. Considering the $40 price tag, the quick release re-zeroes just fine. We even used it on my buddies gun when his holo-sight (nc-star) failed after 50 rounds. We managed off the bench to lay waste to some clay pigeons at 100 yards with out a lot of effort. I did hit a clay pigeon out at 200 yrds. Only one, and it took a whole 17 rnd mag to figure out the hold over. I was still shocked. Considering I was holding over about 4 inches, the drop was a lot less than I would have thought for the 115 grain 9mm. Aside from accidentally turning on the light in the back pack (thus killing a battery, need a better carry system) I will be using some blue locktite on the thread protector, it tried to come off more than once. The AR sight tool is totally required to adjust front sight, now that is zeroed (also at 50 yrds) I hope to never play with that again. My buddy was so impressed he's looking for one now. Love this little gun. I intend to build a little kit with a discreet case to keep in the trunk. Not that I'd be at that sorta club, but being the anniversary of the Orlando shooting. I pray I never would need such a kit, but put in that situation...I hope I'd perform in some capacity.

·
Banned
38 Posts
I had range day number two with my g19 sub2k. Finally got the red dot drilling bulls eye at 50 yrds. Considering the $40 price tag, the quick release re-zeroes just fine. We even used it on my buddies gun when his holo-sight (nc-star) failed after 50 rounds. We managed off the bench to lay waste to some clay pigeons at 100 yards with out a lot of effort. I did hit a clay pigeon out at 200 yrds. Only one, and it took a whole 17 rnd mag to figure out the hold over. I was still shocked. Considering I was holding over about 4 inches, the drop was a lot less than I would have thought for the 115 grain 9mm. Aside from accidentally turning on the light in the back pack (thus killing a battery, need a better carry system) I will be using some blue locktite on the thread protector, it tried to come off more than once. The AR sight tool is totally required to adjust front sight, now that is zeroed (also at 50 yrds) I hope to never play with that again. My buddy was so impressed he's looking for one now. Love this little gun. I intend to build a little kit with a discreet case to keep in the trunk. Not that I'd be at that sorta club, but being the anniversary of the Orlando shooting. I pray I never would need such a kit, but put in that situation...I hope I'd perform in some capacity.
pray tell:
which red dot
with which quick release

TIA

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
This is the unit I'm using currently. Its all in one, found it on amazon. After locktite on the screw, nothing came loose thru the last 200 rounds I fired. I also pulled it off and checked the re-zero and for my purpose it's fine.
Were I to upgrade or had a larger budget, the bushnell trs-25 is a small awesome little red dot and said riser would be a UTG. It hit's my requirements; however if I doubted the quick release; Midwest Industries makes some quick release levers that you can add to an existing riser. I've never used these, but if money weren't an object... I'd see how this set up performs.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.