Sigh... my 5th boring range report

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Prostatix, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Prostatix

Prostatix New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    5th Time out with my new KelTec P3AT... put 100 rounds of AE FMJ though it. Not a hiccup. Flawless performance. Same accuracy. Just....cant....make......gun........screw........UP!!@#!

Now its at 600+ rounds without a failure... I'm pretty much conviced I got a damn good gun. So, a ballistol bath and back to the pocket it will go for some time now.  ;)

2. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Actually you are having the same experience that most Kel-Tec owners are having, a problem free gun. Since this is a help oriented forum most of the posts are for problems which actually are only a small percentage of the total number of Kel-Tecs produced. People normally don't post unless they have a problem.

None the less, it's still great to hear about a good range report!

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Five range sessions now. You deserve a gold star, but a thumps up messeage icon will have to do

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Boy, isn't that the truth!  Folks that don't know better always interpret that to mean these guns are problematic.  You gotta remember that they often make 1000 per week.  If one or even two show up here with an issue, some people (who are bad at math) think that these pistols have reliability issues when that is really a miniscule percentage.  If everyone who bought a P3AT posted a report here, you'd have to scroll through many, many pages to find one problem post.  

Thanks for the report!  :cool:

5. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Boy, isn't that the truth! Folks that don't know better always interpret that to mean these guns are problematic. You gotta remember that they often make 1000 per week. If one or even two show up here with an issue, some people (who are bad at math) think that these pistols have reliability issues when that is really a miniscule percentage. If everyone who bought a P3AT posted a report here, you'd have to scroll through many, many pages to find one problem post.

Thanks for the report! :cool:
    [/quote]

If you would add user induced problems such as limp wristing, letting the trigger reset, 1st round racking, etc to the mix and you would have even fewer posts for problems ;)

6. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Indeed, a lot fewer.

7. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Member

Apr 7, 2007
    This report almost made me as sleepy as when I posted my own boring range report. Goodnight. ;)

8. gvaldeg1

gvaldeg1 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    You have "1st round racking" on your list of user induced problems.  Is there some "trick" to racking the P3ATs?  That's a new one on me.

9. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    You have "1st round racking" on your list of user induced problems. Is there some "trick" to racking the P3ATs? That's a new one on me.[/quote]

Some people are to easy on releasing the slide when they chamber the first round and it doesn't chamber correctly, pull it back and let it slam home is the correct way.

10. gvaldeg1

gvaldeg1 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Thanks sprinter! I've always let my slides "slam home" on all of my automatics so I've never had a problem in that regard with any of them.