AR extractor donuts for part 310
Firing pin retaining pin
extractor springs
Ejector springs
gas valve detent spring
but stock screws
Pic rail mount screws
charge handle
Are these standard AR parts or RDB specific? Any kit that has most of this?

·
Premium Member
2,674 Posts
Are these standard AR parts or RDB specific? Any kit that has most of this?
Those two parts, the gas rings and donut, have been "discovered" to be very similar to the parts supplied by KT and have been fitted to RDBs.
All these parts should be available from KT, who are usually very willing to sell, or give, them. You would want to call them for best service.

BTW, does your bolt carrier/ spring unit have the main spring enclosed in the tube (older) or does it extend out of the tube? (newer)
If you have the older version, KT has told me they don't have firing pins that work in that BC any more. But they are sometimes incorrect on parts info so YMMV. Upgrade to the newer BCW and bolt.
For those with the newer BCW (Bolt Carrier Weldment) the first firing pins for that version were too short and many complained of light strikes. Newer longer pins were made. Always measure your firing pins and check for damage. These pins are a weak point, in part IMHO due to a heavy hammer impact. The latest gen firing pins can be identified by a larger head, like a nail head, that stops against the rear of the bolt carrier which I believe is intended to abate pin breakage, but does so at the expense of effective primer strikes. This strike "head", for lack of a better description, in the RDBs I have seen, are not long enough in the rear for the hammer to make full contact.
At full rest, and the pin fully rearward and with a dummy round loaded, there is a scant gap between the hammer face and the pin face. I consider it a matter of adequate head space, or dumb luck, or some miracle of physics there is any hammer contact at all.
Anyways, ARs don't have these problems. Have an RDB for fun, but have an AR/AK for SHTF.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts