shrink tube on trigger?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by neknraw, Oct 29, 2008.

1. neknraw

neknraw New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Has anyone ever used shrink tube (like the type used on electrical connections) on their trigger. I thought this might make the trigger smoother to the touch, make it a bit wider and more comfortable to use. Ideas?

2. Hudispit

Hudispit New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    i was thinking about that idea also. i have a trigger shoe which i really like a lot and i was thinking about putting some shrink tube over that. you should try it out and see how it works. post some pictures too. ;D if you want to great feel on your trigger, just buy a shoe. i know that you will hear that they are junk and fall off. if you put a couple extra set screw on the opposite side, use blue locktite and drill little dimples in the trigger, it will never come off. they are on 4 keltec that we (family) use and absolutely no problems. forget the glue and cutting the frame. also get a dremel and round off the sharp corners of the shoe, feels actually soft. that shrink wrap is cheap, if it doesnt feel right, cut it off.

3. norton

norton New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    A piece of surgical tubing sliced at an angle can be used. A little heat (hair dryer) and lots of patience. The cut is like a meat cut (think bologna)
    Norton

4. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    I've got the shrink tubing on my PF9 and like it. Been thinking about trying it on the P3AT once I get around to taking it apart to put in the new style hammer block.

5. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    I do have a trigger shoe on my P11. I tried one on the PF9 but by the time I ground it down to the width of the trigger guard it didn't feel as good as the P11.

6. neknraw

neknraw New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    [​IMG]

I have installed the shrink tube on my trigger and I hope I have figured how to post a picture of it so you can see what it looks like.  I used red shrink tube as that was all I have on hand.  I think I will just keep it as is as I kind of like the color contrast.  It sure makes the trigger feel a lot better and was real easy to install.  I did remove the frame from the grip for the install but you wouldn't have to.

7. Hudispit

Hudispit New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    thats cool, wonder if they make it to fit over a trigger shoe?

8. neknraw

neknraw New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    thats cool, wonder if they make it to fit over a trigger shoe?[/quote]

Shrink tube comes in many sizes from very small (1/8 inside meas.-over 1 inch) I used shrink tube alot when I had my shop. You should be able to find something to fit over the trigger shoe. It should fit loose then warm it up with a heat source to shrink.

9. RJMcElwain

RJMcElwain New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    [size=7[font=Arial]After reading this thread, I stopped by the hardware store and picked up a package of shrink tube, took it home and put it on.  It was easy. However, now I'm sorry I didn't do it in red or yellow or something more exciting than black. :)  I'll need to shoot it a little to see if it makes a difference.                   [/size]