Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beyond the obvious answer of "yes", "of course", "why not", etc........

I bought a P-11 recently and love it!  I carry it in my front shorts pocket with no issues but my local shop had a P-3AT there today and I was totally blown away by the size and ease of handling (he usually can't keep them in stock, so this is the first time that I got to play with one).

I know a lot of you guys have multiple Kel Tecs of all shapes, sizes, etc and just wanted to get some feedback from anyone who has been in my position before or had a similar "wow" moment.  Price is $269 w/2 mags.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I think you have already contimplated the reasons to get it. the only negative reason I could think of would be funds availability ;)

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Going to go against the majority here, but only slightly. Don't discount the P32. It has some advantages over the P3AT. Slightly smaller, slightly lighter, has one more round & has the option of a ten round mag.

I've just sold my P3AT & have a first generation P32 in transit to my FFL as we speak. The 1G in either is even smaller & lighter.

JMO & YMMV

Now that being said if I run across a deal on a 1G P3AT I will snap it up. ;)

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
That is a good deal, get it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm a bit of a minimalist --- even for handguns and I love my P3 BUT/SO

If my daily clothes permitted easy carry of a 9mm in a front pocket, I'd do it now...but it doesn't.

The reason is that terminal ballistics for the better 9mm rounds is clearly better than 380.

·
Registered
14,984 Posts
riverkeeper said:
I'm a bit of a minimalist --- even for handguns and I love my P3 BUT/SO

If my daily clothes permitted easy carry of a 9mm in a front pocket, I'd do it now...but it doesn't.

The reason is that terminal ballistics for the better 9mm rounds is clearly better than 380.
before we start ballistics, can I get the dead horse smiley

or the guillitine

or the fence post

please

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
virtual-rjhauser said:
[quote author=riverkeeper link=1216780403/0#8 date=1216862957]I'm a bit of a minimalist --- even for handguns and I love my P3 BUT/SO
or the guillitine
or the fence post
please
[/quote]

Or:

G

·
Or better yet........let me hijack the thread with another sales pitch? ;)

Mitch..........groveling in the dirt and begging virtual forgivness for previous violations!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yes, P3AT + Desantis Nemesis = disappears in any pants. There is just so many more options for carrying it over anything else short of an NAA revo in my opinion. Get a +1 extension and 8 rounds of .380 corbon dpx is a nice little package.

·
Registered
210 Posts
adamsesq said:
[quote author=virtual-rjhauser link=1216780403/0#9 date=1216863410][quote author=riverkeeper link=1216780403/0#8 date=1216862957]I'm a bit of a minimalist --- even for handguns and I love my P3 BUT/SO
or the guillitine
or the fence post
please
[/quote]

Or:

[/quote]

Sorry--
Didn't realize terminal ballistics of the 9mm short(380) v the 9mm long has been argued here....FMJ v HP of course but not 380 v 9mm.
P3 is a fine weapon and I also prefer its handling and trigger to the P11 BTW

G

·
I can't say enough about my p3at for CC. I use to work an inner city ER and I have treated gunshot wounds from 22-45 and even a 50 cal muzzleloader. (For some reason all shotgun wounds have been birdshot, in 6 years i never saw a slug or buck).

1. I use to carry the p3at and a p32 both in their soft cases in each back pocket of scrubs and you never knew they were there. (gangers use to come in the ER and try to finish things all the time, you never knew when you might be there when it happened).

2. I've seen people get up and walk out after hit with a 45, and be DOA on arrival with a 22, and I've learned a valuable lesson. It's all about shot placement.

If you are going to carry the anything, carry it daily and practice not only shooting, but removing it from your carry as well. Most "gun fights" are within 2-10 feet so practice accordingly.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The only question I have is if it is comfortable to pocket carry for you, then why would you need the P3?
The P11 is FAR more weapon than the P3. The reason people (like me) buy it is for its concealibility. Doesn't sound like you have that problem with your P11.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ole Miss Mike said:
The only question I have is if it is comfortable to pocket carry for you, then why would you need the P3?
The P11 is FAR more weapon than the P3. The reason people (like me) buy it is for its concealibility. Doesn't sound like you have that problem with your P11.
The p11 is definitely hard to carry in dress pants/jeans if you don't have a jacket on or an untucked shirt.  I guess I was trying to get a feel from you p3 guys that if you have both do you trade them back and forth (maximizing firepower if concealable) or do you all just stick with your p3's because you are comforable with them??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.