Featured Should I be concerned?

Discussion in 'P-32' started by gordon11, Oct 14, 2017.

1. gordon11

gordon11 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2007
    These little guns aren't meant to be range toys buy I shoot my Kel-tec pocket guns a lot. I put at least a box through my P32 or P3AT at each range trip. When you shoot a gun a lot, you really get to know it and have a feel for it. Anyway, during my last range trip I put about 60 rounds through my P32. All rounds cycled and fired fine, but twice during the session my trigger broke just a little farther back than usual. It wasn't much, and someone not familiar with the gun probably wouldn't have noticed. But it took just a hair more rearward motion to fire the gun. It happened randomly and a few rounds apart. The session was perfect otherwise - just those two rounds. I know we have some brilliant gun guys here with lots of knowledge. Could it have been some fuzz or something randomly found its way into parts of the firing mechanisms mid-session, or is some part starting to age and is need of replacement? I'd like to ward off any upcoming problem with preemptive effort but I'd also like to avoid worrying unnecessarily. I bought this gun "gently used" and have put about 500 rounds through it.

2. dsgrey

dsgrey Member

Feb 6, 2017
    Texas
    I haven't had that issue but I have a Gen 2 I bought new this year and the round count is at 450. It could be build-up or wear that caused your issue but since it didn't continue I can only guess it was build-up.

I have 3 pocket pistols with round counts up to 1200 on one gun at this point. Assuming people carry these with an LTC/CHL for self defense then they should shoot them occasionally. I know way too many people who rarely shoot their firearm after passing the test.

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
  4. theduke

theduke Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Warminster Pa
    Is this a 1st generation? I had issues with the very first Keltec I bought, a used 1G HC P32. It also had a trigger issue, sometimes it wouldnt fire even though the trigger was squeezed. I didnt know anything about the gun at the time and sent it back to Keltec through the LGS I bought it from. IIRC, they replaced the trigger bar. This was about 20 years ago so I dont recall exactly. I am thinking it was in the "used case" for this reason.

This is not to say that the trigger pin isnt the issue, just something else to look at.

5. WildWes

WildWes Member Supporter

Sep 9, 2004
    Wayne County, GA
    As TxCajun said, sometimes the trigger pin can work it's way down resulting in a longer trigger pull.

06.02.17-trigger.G.red.jpg 06.02.17-trigger.C.red.jpg

Toakey45036 likes this.