Should I be concerned that i have latest upgrades

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by tackstrp, Dec 30, 2010.

1. tackstrp

tackstrp New Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I have the Freedom Edition #60 of 5000 Serial number KFAXX. Purchased from Cheaper than Dirth early 2010.  Betwee light trigger strikes and FTE I was ready to trash the gun. Not sneaky enough to sell to a stranger at the local gun show.

After reading about the problems others are having, which are the same as mine . I will return the gun to Kel TEC.  Since i have waited so long dont know if they will pay the freight both ways.

if i knew how to insert an image i would do so. Thanks to all.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Re: Should I be concerned that i have latest upgra

welcome to KTOG

to insert a pic, the image must be stored on the net somewhere.  Then the address to the pic is put between

before sending it back, give some more details about your problems and they might be resolved.

the light strikes may be a dirty firing pin. have you removed and cleaned it?
    the other problem could be a weak hammer spring

3. tackstrp

tackstrp New Member

Dec 23, 2010

the picturres posted at the following descibe my problem. light strikes could have been the ammo. and me on the trigger reset. Still have from time to time. Convince best to return, tired of messing and spending a bundle on ammo to test.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1293389046/9#9

4. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006

Call KT's service number and they will tell you how to return the gun. Don't worry about how long ago you bought it. They will make it right no matter what. Their customer service is top notch so you don't have anything to worry about. If I had the number I'd post it but you can go to their website and get it.

5. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2006
  6. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Typically, and according to the warranty, you pay shipping in and they pay shipping back.  At the very least, I would try some different ammo first, maybe a couple brands. Ammo selectivity is not terribly unusual in these ultralight semi-autos. Often the path of least resistence is to find what it likes and stick with it.

7. tackstrp

tackstrp New Member

Dec 23, 2010

went to gun show and traded a s&w 36 for a sig P238 . got to talking about the kel tec P3AT. Has several people saying the 32 kel tex was what they were looking to buy. As for the Taurus Model 327 cant give it away. Have to find the right person it seems.

The Kel tec P3AT will be going to the repair next week . When i get both back will sell both. As quickly as possible.