Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
The following is JUST MY OPINION

Both KT P-32 and P3-AT are good guns for their intended purpose. They are however limited in several considerations.

Pros:
1. They conceal easilly
2. They have lifetime gaurantees
3. KT is consumer friendly
4. They are easilly mastered by most shooters
5. They are generally (now) reliable.
6. Ammo is readilly available in many choices.

Cons:
1. Some gen.'s (mainly P3-AT) had problems.
2. They are very ammo sensitive.
3. Modifications may be necessary.
4. They are not meant to shoot 1000's of rounds.
5. They are small cal. and thus limited (effect).
6. They are not super high quality (not meant to be)

I'm sure others here can add to both lists. The main thing to remember is that they serve their purpose where other hg's may not. If one realizes their limitations they make fine choices. I can carry one of these when and where I may not carry my preferred hg. Certainly either is better than, none at all at those times!

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
firedog978 said:
The following is JUST MY OPINION

Both KT P-32 and P3-AT are good guns for their intended purpose. They are however limited in several considerations.
Pros:
6. Ammo is readilly available in many choices.
Cons:
2. They are very ammo sensitive.
Huh? Not sure how you can call many choices of ammo a pro if you think of ammo sensitive as a con?

FWIW - Of my multiple P3ATs none have been ammo sensitive and have shot anything (quite a few different things) I would put through them and I hear that a lot from a lot of different owners. I am not sure that most of them are ammo sensitive.

-Scott

G

·
adamsesq said:
Huh?  Not sure how you can call many choices of ammo a pro if you think of ammo sensitive as a con?

FWIW - Of my multiple P3ATs none have been ammo sensitive and have shot anything (quite a few different things) I would put through them and I hear that a lot from a lot of different owners.  I am not sure that most of them are ammo sensitive.

-Scott
I can do so because of all the posts concerning rim lock. It seems that many, many posts here deal with rim lock issues. Thereby, creating a situation that mandates the 'flyer wire' fix. Of course it mainly concerns JHP ammo as opposed to FMJ ammo. The choice of and availability of numerous ammo types and manufacturers after that are readilly available in most markets.
I am not knocking any of the KT mouse guns. But, when someone asks a question such as the OP did, all the information should be given as to past history. How many flyer wire fixes have you seen posted here?

G

·
sprinter1 said:
I don't need the flyer wire fix or had any rim lock problems.
Congratulations.

Many have had a need for that. I was simply stating what is/was a common necessity in the P3-AT especially with JHP.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
firedog978 said:
Congratulations.

Many have had a need for that. I was simply stating what is/was a common necessity in the P3-AT especially with JHP.

The P3AT has never had rimlock problems and never will! The .380 rims are different from the .32 rims and don't NEED any Flyerwires.

Packer.

G

·
Two Pistol Packer said:
  The P3AT has never had rimlock problems and never will! The .380 rims are different from the .32 rims and don't NEED any Flyerwires.

Packer.
TwoPP you are absolutely correct. It is the P-32 experiencing that.
My appologies to all posters here. Too much Easter candy (sugar high) maybe?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.