Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a grab and go bag for shells and found this.

It even has an outside pouch I'm going to task to a FAK. The price is excellent so nothing to loose. It's not a sexy nylon nor made/designed by someone like Travis Haley. I am going to put a strip of scrap kydex on the inside spine to hold it open.

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
That looks like it will do the job nicely. From the pic it looks like it is made of canvas, or some cotton material.

A 2qt Army canteen cover would work for what you want to use this bag for as well.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I would expect it to work.

But maybe you'd be better served with a mag' fed firearm, or a crew served weapon? I sure hope you don't need to use extra shells or we are probably in deep kimchee.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I would expect it to work.

But maybe you'd be better served with a mag' fed firearm, or a crew served weapon? I sure hope you don't need to use extra shells or we are probably in deep kimchee.
While I see your humor I found it very useful the other day at the range regardless. Mag fed shotguns can have issues besides the cost. Deformation of the loaded shell. And of course the cost of the mags and mag holders. And a KS-7 can't use mags. Also it sure would suck to need rounds and not have them, sort of like a reserve parachute.

I had a friend that had to deal with 3 pits attacking his calves, they had already killed one. The ding ding went out on foot with his AR-15, no extra mag, no side arm, and no phone. The dogs stayed in the fight with the gun fire and all, and he was down to 2 rounds left when he finished. He learned some very valuable lessons! Needless to say he gets busted on over that.

I'm going to have Velcro sewn on the flap etc.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That looks like it will do the job nicely. From the pic it looks like it is made of canvas, or some cotton material.

A 2qt Army canteen cover would work for what you want to use this bag for as well.
It is cotton canvas. It was pretty cheap but feels pretty durable. Holds about 50 rounds easy.

·
Registered
839 Posts
While I see your humor I found it very useful the other day at the range regardless. Mag fed shotguns can have issues besides the cost. Deformation of the loaded shell. And of course the cost of the mags and mag holders. And a KS-7 can't use mags. Also it sure would suck to need rounds and not have them, sort of like a reserve parachute.

I had a friend that had to deal with 3 pits attacking his calves, they had already killed one. The ding ding went out on foot with his AR-15, no extra mag, no side arm, and no phone. The dogs stayed in the fight with the gun fire and all, and he was down to 2 rounds left when he finished. He learned some very valuable lessons! Needless to say he gets busted on over that.

I'm going to have Velcro sewn on the flap etc.
It took 28 rounds of 5.56 to deal with three pits?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Ahh, gotcha. I was picturing home defense and 2 legged vermin. Why? Only because that's the only use I can see for mine, so everyone has the same need. Yeah, I know it's a bigger world than the one I live in.

Ral, maybe he did a lot of missing.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Ahh, gotcha. I was picturing home defense and 2 legged vermin. Why? Only because that's the only use I can see for mine, so everyone has the same need. Yeah, I know it's a bigger world than the one I live in.

Ral, maybe he did a lot of missing.
Or those pits are some tufsumsbeyatchs:eek:;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It took 28 rounds of 5.56 to deal with three pits?
There was a combo of all of the above. They were actively running and moving. They were determined. This was a combo of field and woods. I can't/won't make excuses or guess why it took so many. I understood things we moving fast and fluid. He learned a valuable lessons and I by him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts