Shot the new HC P3AT today

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by buster1, Apr 6, 2008.

1. buster1

buster1 New Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Bought a HC P3AT last week to replace a parkerized model that had to make a trip back to the motherland for FTF/FTE problems. I couldn't get two rounds through the parkerized without some type of malfunction, but the HC ran like a well oiled machine. I put 125 rounds of mixed bag ammo through it today, both ball and HP, with the last 60 or so rounds being loaded and fired about as fast as I could squeeze the trigger and nary a hiccup. All this with no F&B and nothing more than a little lube on the frame rails. Hope KT can solve the problem with the other one without too much trouble.

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I'm glad your HC ran well, and not surprised either. I'm sure they'll fix up your parked baby. ;)

3. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Buster1,

Good for you! Hope the HC I bought yesterday will be as good as your's out of the gate. Don't plan on a F&B myself but will cycle the slide many times and cycle snap caps through the gun before final cleaning lubing and then shooting. Also, want to get grips, mag. finger extension, sights painted, etc. before shooting the gun.

Don't give up on your older P3AT. My blued model had a bunch of problems but is now 100%.

Take care...