Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. Need some suggestions here. I recently purchased a P17, went to the range. I had a lady friend with me. I fired about 300 rounds with different types of ammo. For the most part, the pistol did okay, but was not completely without issue. I had 4 failures to eject casings of CCI Blazer 40 gr. LRN. I had 1 failure to eject casing of Winchester 37 gr. Silvertip Segmented Nickle Plated HP (I think that instance, the lady shooting was holding the gun loose). I had 2 failures to feed of Remington Golden Bullet 40 gr. Brass plated RN. I had 1 casing that was a failure to extract, I don't remember the brand. Federal Auto Match 40 grain LRN did perfect. Winchester bulk 36 gr. copper plated HP did perfect. Aguila Super Extra 40 gr. copper plated RN did perfect.

Accuracy in general was very good with all ammo used. All shooting was done off-hand at 10 yards. Shot groups were between 2-3" with all brands. I can assume that bench shooting would be even better. Trigger pull was excellent around 3 lbs. on my pistol.

Here is problem: The shot groups walked. Using the adjustable sights, I got the groups zeroed in at 10 yards, fired about 50 rounds, and then noticed that the groups began to walk about 3" high and 1" right. I re-zeroed and fired another 25 rounds, groups walked again. I noticed that when adjusting the adjustable sights, there was not a discernible "click". I am wondering if there is an issue with the sights? Or might it be another issue? I am going to have to take the pistol back to the range, and shoot only one brand of ammo from the bench, and reconfirm that the groups are indeed walking. But I am fairly confident that my observations were correct. I know that my shooting is consistent, and pretty decent.

Has anyone experienced this, or has any suggestions that could help please? Thanks!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had a similar issue with the set screw in the rear working loose, to the point I almost lost it. I recommend determining the zero, marking the position and/or measuring it’s that you can repeat the position, and then using some blue loctite to secure it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a similar issue with the set screw in the rear working loose, to the point I almost lost it. I recommend determining the zero, marking the position and/or measuring it’s that you can repeat the position, and then using some blue loctite to secure it.
Great suggestion! Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts