Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered one, it arrived today, I installed it in my PF9 with a NorthWood trigger.

Nothing but trouble, light primer strikes on factory and reloads, a good length of travel before the trigger starts to engage the hammer, that throws my whole aim,pull, fire sequence off.

I am going to ask Galloway some input on correcting those issues, at present, regret wasting the money on this new hammer

Not just 1 Or 2 light strikes, 3/4's of what I tried to shoot.

My PF9 was 100% before this hamer and I trusted it,

Not with this new hammer

·
Registered
42 Posts
I ordered one, it arrived today, I installed it in my PF9 with a NorthWood trigger.

Nothing but trouble, light primer strikes on factory and reloads, a good length of travel before the trigger starts to engage the hammer, that throws my whole aim,pull, fire sequence off.

I am going to ask Galloway some input on correcting those issues, at present, regret wasting the money on this new hammer

Not just 1 Or 2 light strikes, 3/4's of what I tried to shoot.

My PF9 was 100% before this hamer and I trusted it,

Not with this new hammer
Thank you for the update. Sorry about your lousy range day!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I removd the Galloway SS hammer from my PF9 and re installed the original hammer.

I haven't contacted Galloway yet, however , however after looking at the SS hammer, it appears the mainspring pin hole is a tad too large . When I installed the hammer, I noticed how loose the factory spring pin was in the new hammer. When I re installed the factory hammer, that same mainspring pin was very tight going into the pin hole.

It didn't appear to have wobbled and marked the frame during firing, but, was too easy to drive out with a punch. Something was not right in its function, or perhaps My installation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.