Short range report

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by litenlarry, Dec 5, 2009.

1. litenlarry

litenlarry Member

Sep 4, 2007
    MO, south of KC..
    I just fired a few mag's of Winchester White box BEB rd's without a hiccup...It is 25 degrees with a stiff wind, Woke my hands right up... ;)
    I was really just pointing and shooting, it seemed to shoot a little lower than expected..
    Someone asked earlier on another post, to report of the difference in felt recoil between the P3AT and the P32..Maybe it was the cold, but the .380 definately has more ..I did not shoot the 32 today, so I did not do a side by side comparison..
    I am happy... :)

2. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Hi,

Was this with a new P3AT?

Don't have a P32 to compare to my P3ATs but find them comfortable to shoot. Have grip cushions, grip sleeve and mag. extension on the guns so that probably helps.

Take care...

3. litenlarry

litenlarry Member

Sep 4, 2007
    MO, south of KC..
    Naw just a bike innertube for grip...
    The more I think about by slide finish problem's, the madder I get...

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    I really don't want to deminish the fact the finish was less than desirable, But my opinion-

I only see mine every couple months for a few test rounds, then it is cleaned, lubed and put back into its pocket holster.

should it get wear marks or even cosmetically damaged while out doesnt bother me.

My P32 bottom of the slide looks like KT put it on a belt sander after it had been blued, still shoots and carrys fine

Now If I had a nice Walther P1 and put a ding in it, I would be sad ;)

5. litenlarry

litenlarry Member

Sep 4, 2007
    MO, south of KC..
    I really don't want to deminish the fact the finish was less than desirable, But my opinion-

I only see mine every couple months for a few test rounds, then it is cleaned, lubed and put back into its pocket holster.

should it get wear marks or even cosmetically damaged while out doesnt bother me.

My P32 bottom of the slide looks like KT put it on a belt sander after it had been blued, still shoots and carrys fine

Now If I had a nice Walther P1 and put a ding in it, I would be sad  ;)[/quote]

Agreed, It is what it is...My HC PF9 will not get any worse, with it's mill mark's...However, the P3AT, with only 12 rds thru it, might wind up looking like a "speckled pup"...Just sad there seems to be a lack of attention to the exterior slide's finish on KT's part....
    Maybe it's the Marine in me, but, rust is a dirty word, as well as just so so...All of my household tool's, wrench's,socket's, hammer's,Saw's, all power tools etc, are kept in near pristine condition....Bet your butt, my saw's and chisels are sharp and ready to go...
    Rant off... :(