Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
400 rounds through so far, shoots way left and not consistent vertically even with rear sight pinged way far to the left... After my first outing, I thought it was just my crappy shooting, but I shot my friend's 1911, sig 9mm and a bunch of 22 pistols (including an 8" S&W .22lr revolver you could take the wings off a fly with) and didn't get any worse than a fist sized grouping at what I was aiming for... p11 was still luck to hit the paper with most of the shots hugging the left side... What can I look for to fix this?
On the plus side, it ran like a top, and even fed some crappy reloads that wouldn't run in my friend's sig... You just have to be like 5 feet away to hit anything...

·
Administrator
31,982 Posts
...shoots way left and not consistent vertically even with rear sight pinged way far to the left...
I would think so.

To move Point of impact right, move the rear sight to the right. ;)

Adjust your sights by moving the front site opposite of where it is hitting and the rear site to where you want the shot to go. If you are shooting low, move the front site down, and if you are shooting to the right, then move the rear site to the left.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To move Point of impact right, move the rear sight to the right. ;)
hahahaha oh wow... yeah... that is probably why it never got better... :p If you move the effective sight line right you shoot more left... Thanks for putting me down easy... I guess that is another excuse to get back out to the range a little sooner :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,395 Posts
Hey, we're good at that here. Welcome to Ktog, and happy shooting. I don't know much about you, this is the only thread I've run across of yours, so don't take this anywhere near the wrong way, but the other guns you said you shot well (1911, sig, s/w revolver) are all guns that are easy to shoot well. While I dont' have a p-11 nor -40, I do have a p3 and pf9. The dinky gun, long double action tirgger pull, and bunk site radius make these hard to shoot on a good day. It is easier to shoot my big .44mags than a little j-frame .38. So even after you fix the site (laser bore sites are a great tool), the tendency to shoot down and to the left (for right handed shooters) is pretty strong. That just comes with the territory. Look at it as a good excuse to buy lots of ammo. :D

Take care,
be safe,
Lop

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, we're good at that here. Welcome to Ktog, and happy shooting. I don't know much about you, this is the only thread I've run across of yours, so don't take this anywhere near the wrong way, but the other guns you said you shot well (1911, sig, s/w revolver) are all guns that are easy to shoot well. While I dont' have a p-11 nor -40, I do have a p3 and pf9. The dinky gun, long double action tirgger pull, and bunk site radius make these hard to shoot on a good day. It is easier to shoot my big .44mags than a little j-frame .38. So even after you fix the site (laser bore sites are a great tool), the tendency to shoot down and to the left (for right handed shooters) is pretty strong. That just comes with the territory. Look at it as a good excuse to buy lots of ammo. :D

Take care,
be safe,
Lop
Thanks, I was so positive heading out there as I had done all the fluff and buff bits and used snapcaps and the trigger was pretty smooth and predictable but I still couldn't hit anything... Yet again the error was between chair and keyboard... I'm guessing the vertical placement will improve once I'm not aiming at the edge of the silhouette to try and hit center mass... It was a $40 lesson on what not to do :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts