Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all OKC area Kel Tec fans. I plan on being on the Lexington range this coming Friday. Let me know if you would like to meet me there. Only requirement is to have a Oklahoma hunting license to be legal shooting there.
I hope to not be as excited as the last range day and extend the targets out some.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, we got to go by ourselves. My son & I had fun just the same.
My report on this 2nd outing is good as the first. She shoots where ya point it. The Charlie model did well from a rest. Hit center 10 ring consistantly and the occasional 9 for me at 50 yards this time. I didn't take much video, but I put a couple up on utube. This one is just me getting adjusted to the new firearm. I fumble around some, but that is just a learning thing since I am used to ar's.
I always like to make sure the 1st round is seated good in the chamber. On a AR you have the bolt seat button toward the rear, on a SU-16 it is the bolt itself.
I'm finding if you get a good bolt release, it is always ready to go. This is a quick 6 shot folded video. My target is a old tv someone left out on the range.
We taped one of our "splash" targets to what was left of the tv frame and had some fun!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86LrhaIjigE[/ame]

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SU-16 is easy to hit with at 25 yards or so, just like our .22's. This video is just me plinking toward the end of the shooting day. Sure I miss it several times, but I wish I had a full mag before my son shot this. I know I could have walked that can up the hill :)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_Pk9xGDzBs[/ame]

·
Registered
3 Posts
A co-worker of mine, told me about the Lex range, but I have no idea where it is...googled it and still was not successful in finding the directions....can you help a poor cityboy that wants to get out of the city and go thru some rounds?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A co-worker of mine, told me about the Lex range, but I have no idea where it is...googled it and still was not successful in finding the directions....can you help a poor cityboy that wants to get out of the city and go thru some rounds?
Go south on I-35 from OKC to the Purcell exit, 95 I think, then take hw 39 east through Lexington, out past the prison to 180th. Turn north 1.5 miles. You will see some ODW signs on the fence on the west side of 180th. It is clearly marked
"Shooting Range".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts