Shooting experience

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by litenlarry, Jun 7, 2010.

1. litenlarry

litenlarry Member

Sep 4, 2007
    MO, south of KC..
    I have too many pistol's .. :eek: Evidently, as I don't alway's shoot all of them..Ammo availibity for some of them has been a factor..
    Grabbed a box of WWB and had a session with my P3AT..Fun in that it wasn't at the range, it was shooting in the reminent's of a burn pile..Round's were easy to spot with the ashes..
    I started out shooting from approx 30 feet...Threw a coke can out and it wound up with the bottom towards me...5 out of 7 ( I had one in the tube) hit the target..
    The first 3 hit the bottom of the can, then it went sideway's for the remainder...
    Stepped back a few more paces and fired away with another full mag...Right on target...
    After 50 rds fired, I just don't remember this pistol being that accurate..Not one hiccup, not one complaint..
    I bought the pistol new and with the latest session, maybe 125 rds downrange..
    No F&B, other than flitzing the feed ramp..
    I am a " happy camper"..

2. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hi.

Sounds like all is well and you had a great time plinking with your P3AT. It's just great to be able to go and enjoy things every so often. :)

Best Wishes:

3. PF9Newbie

PF9Newbie New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Sometimes, "just plinking" adds to the experience and fun of these guns. So long, at least, if you have a safe place to do so. Wish I did, but all we have around here are formal ranges with lots of rules. Good for serious practice, but somehow it lacks that added "zest" that informal plinking provides once in a while.

Jim R

4. Sam88a

Sam88a New Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Getting out of the firing line and just going out to someplace different is always a good idea, just firing your weapon in different locations and surroundings in itself has an added training value.  The more situations you can fire in the better you'll fire in more situations.  If you can add a few sprints or jumping jacks or whatever then with your heart rate up fire a few to see how you react with the added stress is a great drill to simulate adrenaline. I have done a few pushups at a indooor range to achieve the same effect without much space. :)  Just my 2 cents.