Shoot Thru Pocket Holster ?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by John_M, Jun 10, 2010.

1. John_M

John_M Member

Mar 4, 2010
  2. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Search the Accessories threads an you'll find a few post about them...

3. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    I've never used one but I really see no advantage over a normal pocket holster, only disadvantages. First the trigger isn't properly protected which is just asking for a ND if you ask me. Also it will make the gun harder to grip from the looks of it and I'm guessing reloading would be slower. I would spend your money on a good pocket holster like the Nemesis or Super fly and be done with it.

You have to like the picture they have, nice background. ;) ;D

CJ

4. PF9Newbie

PF9Newbie New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Wisconsin
    While this "shoot through" pocket holsteer may keep your P3AT from "printing" in your pocket, as as CJP32 notes, the main problem is that in order to make it "shoot through" it has to leave the trigger exposed, and unprotected against an accidental discharge. In that respect, it is, in my opinion, no better than no pocket holster at all. The only thing it adds to just putting the pistol in your pocket is the maybe printing protection. Would not be a viable choice for me.

Jim R

5. marko_pf9

marko_pf9 New Member

Jan 14, 2010
    im sorry, i didnt see any "holster"? :eek:

6. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Not illegal as long as the slide isn't covered.

7. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Yes, my opinion is that this style of holster, there are others that have been around longer, are more gimmick than holster.  In spite of their claims, they restrict you to a one fingered grip and offer no advantage that a conventional, quality pocket holster does not have.  

If the slide is exposed they are generally legal.  However, the leather does ride along the edge of the slide. Therefore, I suspect that they cause some additional friction/drag to the free movement of the slide which is certainly not a good thing.  Ultimately, this "holster" is not going to enhance reliability or shootability in what can already be a challenging weapon.  Why not just leave the holster in your pocket and pull out a gun with a fully accessible grip and nothing dragging on the slide?  ;)

8. tazw99

tazw99 New Member

Jan 8, 2010
    When I first got my 3at, I bought one of those holsters off ebay. The pistol felt loose in it and I didn't like the feel. I couldn't get a good grip on it. Never even took it to the range becouse I didn't feel I could controll any recoil. Bottom line.....HATED IT!!

9. John_M

John_M Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Thanks for the comments and feedback. I will stick with a pocket holster I have.

10. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    this plus you may be able to register it as an AOW if you pay the tax but even then many jurisdictions will not allow it for legal carry.

11. JAB

JAB Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    East Tennessee
    Which is why I personally don't even consider these and similar products to be 'holsters'. To me, they should more truthfully be called 'concealment aids' or something to that effect.

12. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    what holster? all i could see was red. no need for it, get a good pocket holster, one that will stay in your pocket when you pull the gun.