Shipping P3AT back to KT - question

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Topknot, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Topknot

Topknot New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Hi all, new register but I've been around reading for awhile and enjoy all the info here.

I've read and I've searched but not seen the answer to my question: I'm sending my P3AT back for work.

Do most of you send yours in with or without the magazine(s)?

Thanks for any guidance. Maybe I'll give them a ring today.

2. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    mag catches tend to pop mags out in these little guys... file it down a bit, or try a metal one.

now, with your ejection issue... try checking the ejector. had it break on my P11 a couple years ago. it would fire and eject all but the last round as the last one NEEDED that ejector to kick it out but having rounds in the mag ejected the other ten.

3. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    With , never without, heck they may need a new follower or something ;)

4. Topknot

Topknot New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Thanks Spence and Burley. I ended up calling them and they said to send the mags if it might be anything that could be attributed to them (makes sense), so I did - mailed out via UPS this afternoon.

When I get it back, I still may try that filing down the mag release button. Seems like an easy and workable solution.

I just can't get past the uneasiness of filing and sanding on a weapon like that.

Wouldn't dream of doing that to my SIG or even Glock. But hey, if that's what it takes to get a functional ccw that can disappear in any clothing, I'll do it.

5. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Thats the beautiful things about these guns though, if you file it down and mess it up, its a 2 dollar part (may not be exactly right, but its close) and a 10 min fix to put a brand new one in.