Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Paperwork send week before Christmas, inputted into NFA system 12/31. Stamp came today 10/29. Should have been months ago, and Keltec had to intervene to finally get it approved. Range this afternoon.

ETA: Todays range trip consisted of Winchester 147gr fmj flat nose, 158gr Fiocchi subsonic and Sig V crown 124gr. All fed flawless, and totaled 17 rounds of fiocchi and Winchester ammo, and 19 of the Sig. Of the 3, fiocchi sounds the best, but it has always been my go to when it came to suppressed 9mm. Sonic crack with the sig, and the winchester was a little louder than the fiocchi.

Left to right on the targets Winchester/Fiocchi/Sig. The fiocchi was a complete and total **** show when it came to accuracy. As in after the first few shots I constantly checked the endcap for strikes. Only time I have had similar accuracy issues was with an FNT-45 tac and Opsrey 45 can. The winchester grouped ok, first shots grouped left once adjusted, then over adjusted right of center after that. You can see the sig groups were still just a tad bit right of center at 25 yards. Will go make a fine adjustment next trip. Will also try other ammo.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dang dude, looks super cool. Should be Hollywood quiet with how much volume that has.
works great with various ammo types, ate everything I fed it. Although it seems to have a large volume baffle system, the outside tube is just a sleeve covering the actual silencer. Will upload the manual schematics in a little bit.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m so jealous. How did kel tec help you get the stamp?
The examiner was not sure what to classify the gun as and sent it back twice to the dealer for corrections, as well as requested multiple photos with measuring tapes over the gun in its full and folded config. It was a ****show, and it would have been approved early august.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
The examiner was not sure what to classify the gun as and sent it back twice to the dealer for corrections, as well as requested multiple photos with measuring tapes over the gun in its full and folded config. It was a ****show, and it would have been approved early august.
Damn.

This past Sunday, I went with a friend and his friend I never met before to an outdoor range near us and of course this guy has a CQB. It is so nice! I never shot a SUB2000 before so I was put off by the feel of the "stock" on my cheek but other than that, it is so fun to shoot. I've also never shot an integrally suppressed 9MM before and I couldn't believe how quiet it was with 158GR subsonic. We also shot a bunch of Federal American Eagle 147GR I brought and we were able to pretty consistently hit sporting clays we stuck in the berm 100 yards out with nothing but a red dot. I think clays are about 4" wide. I was impressed to say the least. I'm still hesitant to spend $200 on a stamp and wait a year for an integrally suppressed gun, but man I want it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Paperwork send week before Christmas, inputted into NFA system 12/31. Stamp came today 10/29. Should have been months ago, and Keltec had to intervene to finally get it approved. Range this afternoon.

ETA: Todays range trip consisted of Winchester 147gr fmj flat nose, 158gr Fiocchi subsonic and Sig V crown 124gr. All fed flawless, and totaled 17 rounds of fiocchi and Winchester ammo, and 19 of the Sig. Of the 3, fiocchi sounds the best, but it has always been my go to when it came to suppressed 9mm. Sonic crack with the sig, and the winchester was a little louder than the fiocchi.

Left to right on the targets Winchester/Fiocchi/Sig. The fiocchi was a complete and total **** show when it came to accuracy. As in after the first few shots I constantly checked the endcap for strikes. Only time I have had similar accuracy issues was with an FNT-45 tac and Opsrey 45 can. The winchester grouped ok, first shots grouped left once adjusted, then over adjusted right of center after that. You can see the sig groups were still just a tad bit right of center at 25 yards. Will go make a fine adjustment next trip. Will also try other ammo.

Wow. Interesting that accuracy is so ammo dependent. Guess I’ll avoid Fiocchi. Just ordered some Stelth 165 grain from ammo inc, hope it’s ok. I’m very jealous. Mine is still “in jail” but the dealer has a 25 yd indoor range to use when visiting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So mine is still in jail but I can shoot it at the dealers range. Today I tried out some Stelth 165g subsonic ammo. It was very quiet and the accuracy was fine, BUT I did have some FTE type jams. I'm wondering if that heavy bullet slows velocity so much that there's not quite enough energy to cycle the action adequately? I'm not giving up on the Stelth yet - I've shot the CQB quite a bit -out of the box without doing anything to it. I might wait until I get the gun home and have the chance to properly clean and lube it before trying any more heavy ammo. Frustrating..

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Well, maybe there's not enough energy, and maybe there is. For years I shot butterfly fart 165s in competition and my sub2k ran fine. Do you know the published velocity? If so I can tell you how they compare to my ammo. If they make minor power factor I'd expect them to run. It's not velocity out the barrel, but power (energy) that counts.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
That's a power factor of 132. That's a butterfly fart load and even lower than I went. Yeah, it might be a problem since some cartridges are higher and some lower and no cartridge is exactly that except by chance. They can load them to a higher power level and still keep them far below subsonic. I don't understand their thinking.

Any 147grain load should be subsonic without the "subsonic" price. No need for special ammo.

I shot a suppressor match with 147gr ammo I made and I was told my gun was "ridiculously quiet" by the RM. It wasn't a butterfly fart load but full power. It also used a .45 can. Fast powder (WW231? don't quote me) and a 7" barrel.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
It's used in USPSA competition. 130 is the cut off for minor PF. Any lower and one shoots for kicks and not for score.

I stopped using my butterfly fart ammo and now load to factory spec velocity. No more malfunctions. (not the sub2k, a different gun)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts